Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maltese anyone?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey can anyone help me find a maltese puppy? I'd really love one as I fell in love with my friends maltese while in the states, they seem so hard to find over here though, any help much appreciated X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Maltese are a favourite with the puppy farmers! They love them! they can sell them for hundreds and they only take up a small space. Be VERY careful where you get one - if you get one from a puppy farm it WILL have issues - mental and/or health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

eg. this ad; http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/801699 - the dogs are unregistered, this means that either the dogs are not pure breeds, the bitch was overbred (had more than 4 litters) or the kennel club dont like him. I feel bad for the pups but i'd say you'd spend another 1000€ on vet bills in the first year

jameshayes wrote: »
    eg. this ad; http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/801699 - the dogs are unregistered, this means that either the dogs are not pure breeds, the bitch was overbred (had more than 4 litters) or the kennel club dont like him. I feel bad for the pups but i'd say you'd spend another 1000€ on vet bills in the first year
    i didnt know that,il remove if i can sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 myloodles

Thanks for the advise, I wouldn't dream of getting a puppy under those conditions, I want a healthy happy dog that that came from a loving background but I guess I'm unlikely to find that, thanks for the reply

• Advertisement

myloodles wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise, I wouldn't dream of getting a puppy under those conditions, I want a healthy happy dog that that came from a loving background but I guess I'm unlikely to find that, thanks for the reply
    have you tried the irish kennal club
    http://www.ikc.ie/index.php

just tried them there thanks, no joy, they really are hard to find, there are alot of scam artists out there asking me for money up front and they'll send me the dog, but I'll only buy one if I can see where its from and that it has been reg etc

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

A brother of mine has two, he bought them both as pups from the same breeder. I will try get a number for you if you are interested.

That would be brilliant, thanks a mill

Advertisement