Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC2 4200,PC26400 what are they?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all ok iv fianlly found out my mobo model number and found a link to it...Pc world computers keep everything well hidden :p
    Mobo here..My question what ram can i get for it i allready got a stick of 1Gb A-Data DDR2-533 (PC2-4200) module CL4..And that was just a stab in the dark but it works fine :rolleyes:,I know and going to upgrade my processors and i want to get better ram to acompany it but what do i get?
    Im buying from memory c(Iv had good experiences with them :D)
    So here a link to there DDR2 ram page
    Will you either link me to the right stuff or just explain what the maximan pc2 number i can get is.
    Many thanks
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Should go up to PC2-5300 looking at mobo specs (667Mhz RAM is max)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Depends on what processor your going for m8. Looks like that board dosn't support the latest 1333mhz fsb core2's, so you'd probably go for an 800mhz fsb core2 unless you go quad which might mean 1066mhz fsb. In either case pc2-6400 ddr2-800 would be a good match. With 800mhz fsb you could run it a 1:1 ration and with 1066mhz fsb you could run it at 2:3 ratio.

Picking from that website I would go for OCZ Platinum. It's good value and pretty reliable and will give a small overclock assuming your not going to do any major overclocking.

Advertisement