Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car help! What will i get?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

New car time, I fancy a change after 2 years in a Mazda 323F BA (which I love) but its to low down for me to be getting in and out of (I’m a tall guy!) and I just want something a bit different.

I was going to get a Celica and have not totally ruled it out (I’m talking about the last generation). The problem is to buy it, tax it and insure it is just far to expensive. Even if I bring a cheap on in from the UK, after I pay for everything I m still looking at the guts of 10k which I cant really afford. Id rather just spend around 5k and will bring something in from the UK if needs be.

I want something sporty, reliable with lots of gadgets, preferably a hatchback and 1.6 or under for insurance and tax reasons.

I’ve always fancied the Alfa 147 in red, but I need something that’s really reliable, that’s a priority and I just don’t think it cuts the mustard. Plus i think I’m starting to get bored of its look.

Honda Civic (the 97 – 00 model). Like them, but for some reason they just dont do that much for me. I’d love the twin cam vtec but would never be insured on it. Maybe an older version of 00-04 model (would have to be a 2 door type S), but I don’t think that would fit into my budget, even if I got one in the UK.

My mate bought an Almera (a sporty looking one) and its nice, I like I think maybe im a bit young for that yet! (Im 23 btw)

Also like the Mazda 3, but doubt I’ll get one in my budget. The older model Astra aernt my cup of tea, although I love new one.

I have considered an older BMW, but again it just doesn’t do much for me. Most VAG cars aern’t my cup of tea, id never even consider a Golf/Passast/Octavia

I’m running out of ideas and need to act quick as July is fast approaching, can anyone offer any ideas? Preferably with links to carzone or UK car sites J

Thanks people!

Comments

Advertisement