Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 8GB faulty on arrival

• 27-03-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

Ordered this over the phone, and arrived today! :D

Went to turn it on and it said:

'Phone start-up failed.
    Contact the retailer' :mad:

Is it completely dead, requiring to send it back and wait for another one, or is it a simple thing one of you clever boardsters may know how to fix? :confused:

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Good old symbian OS :)

A hard reset, four-fingered salute might do the trick. If the "Phone Start-Up Failed, Contact the Retailer" message comes back for no reason again then definitely send it back, I had an old 7610 do it repeatedly and got a new phone from the Mobile Phone Repair Company because of it (it was still in warranty) :)
    N95 Whitescreen - Recovery Steps to Hard Reset

1. Remove the battery to power off the N95.
    2. Replace the battery (device should remain in off state).
    3. Now hold down the “*”, “answer” key, “3″, and the Power button all together … I call this a ‘4 finger salute’ because it reminds me of Windows (CONTROL-ALT-DELETE = 3 finger salute).
    4. Keep all the buttons held in until it cycles past the Nokia Text Logo splash and hard resets the device.
    5. You should now be past the Nokia animation screen and it should be asking for device info.
    6. Reset all your device properties (time, location, etc) as prompted.
    7. If you saved your apps on MMC, you should still have them … if not recover from backup, if not that, then reinstall from scratch (yikes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As long as your phone is under warranty (minimum of a year I think) then you'll be fine. Things can go wrong out of the box, the monitor I have here had 4 dead pixels in the centre of the screen when I bought it, but running that flashing crap brought them back to life and it's great now.

Give the hard reset a go and if it doesn't work or you have to do it every couple of weeks then definitely bring it back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Well thanks for the advice!

I phoned them up, and they said they will collect it and send out a new one tomorrow. But I am going away at the weekend, and I asked could I get it in the shop.

Cut a long story short, I just got another one from the shop now for €149 inc VAT, and the broken one was €147 ex VAT!

Old one is being picked up tomorrow!

Happy times:D

Advertisement