Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed in trying to contact someone

• 27-03-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Mods, please move if wrong forum.

My elderly next door neighbour's sister has just died. She's trying to contact her brother in London but only has his mobile no. She can't get through and asked me to try. I can't get through either nor can I send a text. Would anyone know how I can check his number? I don't know what network he's on. His number is: 0044-020203207xxxx. I've tried it without the first 0 in case you drop it but neither numbers work. I also have his address. How would I search for his details in case he's changed number?

Thanks. She could write but by the time he get the letter her sister will be buried!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

That's probably not a mobile number but a regular London number starting with 020. There should be 8 digits after 020, try 0044203207xxxx.

Also if you have an address directory enquiries would be the first thing to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks, tried that, sounds engaged. Will keep trying.

Tried directory enquiries first but they had no record of him. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 St Bunt

Have you tried ringing the police in London? They could go to the address.
    +44207230xxxx

Thanks, if she hasn't managed to make contact with him by tomorrow I'll give her the number for the police.

Thanks for all your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement