Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Where to find 2nd hand lawnmower part?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Around 6 years ago, I bought a lawnmower for €500. The body of it has now rusted, so much so that it has broken it in two (the section containing the 2 front wheels has fallen off). I've asked a welder friend if it is viable to weld it back together however he says it's not. A brand new body will cost €250 which I would be able to attach to the engine by myself. The person who sold it to me suggests it's more viable to trade it in for a new one. However, I think this advise is bias to suit his interests.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to get this cost down. Is there such a thing as a lawnmower distmantler the same way as there are car distmantlers. I already intend to put a wanted ad in the buy and sell for the same type of lawnmower which I can use for parts. Is there anything else I can do? The lawnmower has a good engine. Is it possible to attach it to another lawnmower make or model if I can't find the make and model that I'm looking for (see make and model below)?

A lot of questions, but if you can think of something that I can't, feel free to suggest it.

Thanks In Advance for all responses

Lawnmower
    Make: Honda
    Model: HRG 536c
    Code: MZCG6015000
    Year: 1998
    Other: LWA100, 3.5kW, 36.2KG, 2900min.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Theres a bloke just off glasnevin avenue that specializes in lawnmowers.

Advertisement