Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rule Changes you'd like to see

• 27-03-2008 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

After all the talk about dissent, and what it should/is, I was wondering what rule changes people would like to see.

For me there are a couple of things,

A. 5 Match bans for everybody who is found guilty of diving on a video replay.

B. A yellow card for anybody who surrounds the ref. A yellow card for anyone who keeps talking to the ref after he says to go away.

C. Removal of the stupid yellow card for taking off your shirt.

D. Free kicks allowed to be retaken for anything bar a goal if somebody isn't ten yards away. Anybody within ten yards gets always booked.

E. Penalties being retaken if the goal is even an inch off his line.

Then the final one, and its kinda a big change, the introduction of two new lines on the pitch, between the half way line and the goal line, to make four big lines on the pitch. Within the middle two lines, there can be no offside.
    This would result in much more open play, and make it much more difficult to execute the offside trap.

Also, I'd like to see refs wear mics so we can hear what they are saying just like in rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

PHB wrote: »
    Then the final one, and its kinda a big change, the introduction of two new lines on the pitch, between the half way line and the goal line, to make four big lines on the pitch. Within the middle two lines, there can be no offside. This would result in much more open play, and make it much more difficult to execute the offside trap.

Isn't that what they had in the NASL? They got into trouble with FIFA over it IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Hows about goalkeepers not allowed catch the ball?
    Would stop keepers being caught in 2 minds for crosses if they only have one choice, would
    also speed up games as a goalie catching the ball would no longer be the end of an attack.

Seems like a great idea in my head at least :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Less protection on goalies, cant challenge anymore.

NO MORE YELLOWS for shirts off or going into the crowd. Its a total joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

After all the talk about dissent, and what it should/is, I was wondering what rule changes people would like to see.

For me there are a couple of things,

B. A yellow card for anybody who surrounds the ref. A yellow card for anyone who keeps talking to the ref after he says to go away.

D. Free kicks allowed to be retaken for anything bar a goal if somebody isn't ten yards away. Anybody within ten yards gets always booked.

Then the final one, and its kinda a big change, the introduction of two new lines on the pitch, between the half way line and the goal line, to make four big lines on the pitch. Within the middle two lines, there can be no offside.
    This would result in much more open play, and make it much more difficult to execute the offside trap.

Also, I'd like to see refs wear mics so we can hear what they are saying just like in rugby.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No. Some refs give 13 yards others give less then 10 for walls.Its ok as it is imo.
    No.
    Are you on drugs ? Definite no.
    Yes but only if players are not allowed to confront the ref just like in Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Goal line technology, possibly also offside monitoring by automated video/computer analysis .
    i also think for really really close decisions/match changing they should allow a video 4th official but a decision would have to be taken in say 10 seconds so as not to slow the game down.

penalties alright for divers and cheats , more cards for foul and abusive language to the refs as well.

also a salary cap or scale cus i don’t see where the whole wages rollercoaster is going to end.

Obviously all this would have to be tested to see its effects in reality but there’s a few ideas…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Get rid of the most ludicrous rule going, the one where nothing can be done about a tackle once a yellow card is given. That stupid rule makes referees infallible.

I agree with all PHB's points though, except maybe the last one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

They prob seem like good rules and some of them are but it will come back to decisions the ref gets wrong. What if he rules a player dived but actually doesn't? Soccer i don't think allows it's self to being an exact sport, there will always be leeway. ( i mean in things like the correct wall distance, goalies moving on the line, where throw ins/free kicks are taken).

It is annoying when decisions are incorrect and i agree it doesn't balance itself out over a season, but i don't think widescale rule changes are the answer.

I would like to see the booking for taking the jersey off gone. And i also think goalies are big pansies and get too much protection. And i think ref's should be more tough on teams that employ rough-house tactics. Don't get me wrong i'm all for fair hard tackles but i hate seeing niggly kicks and frees that disrupt the game and stop good players from playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Zaph wrote: »
    Isn't that what they had in the NASL? They got into trouble with FIFA over it IIRC.

And it was garbage. It didnt work well at all.

An official stationed on the goaline to rule a goal.

Spurs vs. Man U a couple of years ago comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the main thing i'd like to see is the referee allowed to change some decisions retrospectively. only the referee mind, after compiling the match report have him review the key decisions in conjunction with his team who can bring certain decisions to his attention, and if he felt he was in error let him retrospectively upgrade/downgrade the decision before submitting the match report. wouldn't impact key decisions like penalties, but would affect cases where we see yellows given for what are clearly straight reds, that kind of thing. refs are only human afterall and make mistakes. I think they should be allowed the grace to fix their mistakes where possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Get rid of the automatic red for a GK that takes a man down in the 18. As a GK I go down to get the ball, miss it a bit and the player goes down. Red is far too harsh.

Now if theplayer is passed me and I take him down, then red.

I dont think that Kusczak should have been redded against Portsmouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I'd like to see an end to throw-ins. I'd also like a sin-bin as in rugby for yellows. Agree with all the OP's suggested improvements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Offside rule doesnt work so well nightowls league used to use it, defenders sit on the end line and the ball doesnt get pressed as much. leaving large gaps between both sets of defenders, leaving a bigger playing area.

As a man utd fan your passing pressing game would be lost with that system.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

1. Retrospective banning for diving

2. Goal-line tech

3. Multi-ball extratime

All definitely workable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Agree with the celebration rule. An abbsolute joke.

I would like to see manager's get chalenges ala American football to go to a video ref over certain decisions. Might cut down on the bull**** of Ferguson criticizing referee's decisions after the match if he can make 1 and only 1 challenge.

Also, referee's can be dropped for bad games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

the rules are fine as they stand, with the possible exception of the "over celebrating" rule, the application of them is my main issue, bring in a video / fourth official and all will be fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

1. An overhaul to the yellow/red card system and the accompanying suspensions. A yellow card should mean a sin-binning. The ref specifies for how long, that way the team that suffers the foul gets the reward, not some other team at a later date. A player can get yellow carded many times in a match, but each time he does his team is reduced to 10 men for a specified time. A red card is reserved for serious offences and the suspension duration is dependent on the referee's report.

2. 60 minute matches. When the ball is out of play, the clock stops. No time added on. // Edit - However the ball has to go out of play for a half to end. The exception being when a foul is committed.

3. Retrospective punishment for dives, missed serious foul play, etc.

4. Abolishment of the kicking-the-ball-out unofficial rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

E. Also, I'd like to see refs wear mics so we can hear what they are saying just like in rugby.

C. Rule is a good one as it stands.

D. If the guy's not the required distance don't take the kick. But ultimately let the ref decide.

E. Doesn't the ref wear a mic in Italy, for example? I'm not sure what's to be gained by fans being able to hear him.

I'd like to see the number of subs reduced to two to even out the squads a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1. An overhaul to the yellow/red card system and the accompanying suspensions. A yellow card should mean a sin-binning. The ref specifies for how long, that way the team that suffers the foul gets the reward, not some other team at a later date. A player can get yellow carded many times in a match, but each time he does his team is reduced to 10 men for a specified time. A red card is reserved for serious offences and the suspension duration is dependent on the referee's report.

2. 60 minute matches. When the ball is out of play, the clock stops. No time added on. // Edit - However the ball has to go out of play for a half to end. The exception being when a foul is committed.

Might aswell give them an oval ball too:D:p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

SantryRed wrote: »
    Might aswell give them an oval ball too:D:p
    That reminds me, only the captains should be allowed speak to the ref, unless spoken to.

They should hurry up and bring that in.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    NO MORE YELLOWS for ...going into the crowd. Its a total joke.

Actually, that should be a red. And I'm not joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Once you cross the halfway line with the ball you can't go back into your own half with it. No passing back to your own half either when in the other half.

Should be interesting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That reminds me, only the captains should be allowed speak to the ref, unless spoken to.

They should hurry up and bring that in.

I agree with this one. Should be automatic yellow cards if anyone else speaks to the ref as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

kleefarr wrote: »
    Once you cross the halfway line with the ball you can't go back into your own half with it. No passing back to your own half either when in the other half.

Say bye bye to goals similar to Argentina's in the wc and Barca's against liverpool some years ago so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Before they start making new rules how about enforcing the ones that are already there? i.e. foul throw ins. F*cking hell the amount of 'professionals' that can't take a throw in is unbelievable yet referees don't enforce the rule 99% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think 5 match is a little harsh but I'm all in favour of retrospectively banning players caught diving.
    This for me should be, only the captains and the offending player should be allowed to go near the ref. Everyone else gets a yellow.
    Agreed.

I actually think if someone runs at the ball before its kicked, ala eboue against chelsea last week, the player gets a yellow and the wall gets removed!
    That is actually a rule thats not enfoced. I think it should be.

Are you honestly for real with this one? Watching a well organised defense execute the offside trap to perfection is to some (me) as good as watching a great fast passing attacking move. Maybe thats because I am and was always a defensive player but take the milan defense under baresi's captaincy and indeed under maldini's a few years back it was a joy to behold. They way they moved completely in sync is an art form that would be destroyed by this rule. It would also make life a lot easier for those idiotic forwards such as Kalou that don't seem to know anything about to offside rule.

Actually that brings me to my rule change.

Bring back the offside rule! If a player is off and interfering with play he is off side end of story. If he is not interfering then he isn't. None of this active passive, phase 1 2 or 3 rubbish.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Actually, that should be a red. And I'm not joking.

Do you want to just sanitise the game all together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

A - agree (maybe not 5 matches)
    B - agree - must be consistently applied
    C - disagree - nothing wrong with a modicum of decorum
    D - disagree - existing rule should be enforced - lack of referee consistency
    E - disagree - happens so quickly its hard to tell

two new lines - that's just silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

F.Also, I'd like to see refs wear mics so we can hear what they are saying just like in rugby.

A. Yeah. Maybe not 5, but a ban anyways. Retrospective punishment all the way.
    B. Agreed.
    C. Agreed.
    D. Ah, the rule is grand as is.
    E. Yeah thats one that is kinda ignored, but since it was part of Liverpool winning a CL final, I'll take it as is :rolleyes:
    F. Yeah, I completely agree with this one. Hopefully we'll catch a few of the things the players say to the ref too - and people will realise just how much abuse a ref really gets.

I'd also go with sin-binning ala rugby, but only for professional fouls (something thats hard to judge, I know). If someone's chopping a player down just as he's about to launch a promising counterattack, then he deserves to spend some time on the sidelines.

iregk wrote: »
    Do you want to just sanitise the game all together?

Leaving the field of play is not part of the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    E - disagree - happens so quickly its hard to tell

It's the same principle as the offside, considering the linesman knows exactly where to look, it shouldn't be hard. It's never enforced anymore, and keepers who are honest are punished.

As for the 2 extra lines, my issue is that I want the offside trap completely eliminated from the game. It's a skill no doubt, but not one that I wanted add to the game of football. However its a byproduct of the offside rule which is necessary, but pushing back where offside is allowed to happen would be greatly beneficial to an attacking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

That may work in basketball where there are only 5 guys to a team, that rule would end up making all matches to defensive.

Reverting the offside rule back to the way it was, you're either offside or you're not offside, none of this not active crap. If the player isn't active he shouldn't be on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

As for the 2 extra lines, my issue is that I want the offside trap completely eliminated from the game. It's a skill no doubt, but not one that I wanted add to the game of football. However its a byproduct of the offside rule which is necessary, but pushing back where offside is allowed to happen would be greatly beneficial to an attacking game.
    There is no offside at all in the Astro.ie Leagues, so I can talk about the game of football without the rule. (Basically, what you are saying is that offside won't count on the goal side of the extra line, or closer to the half-way? Which?)

Anyway, with no offside it is tactically a very different game.

First of all, you could play with a goalhanger, which is what some teams do. This means you have to play with two centre halves, one of them needs pace or else the whole back line has to sit no further than the 18 yard box. This means the whole game is played in your half of the field, and you play on the counter. If you do have one fast CH, then you are sorted, you can push the whole game into the other team's half by basically forgetting about their goalhanger and just playing the defence on the edge of the centre circle, midfield halfway into their half, and your forwards pretty much in their box.

Well currently you can't be offside if you're in your half, I want to make it so you can't be offside within your own 3/4s.
    It would stop 'goalhanging', but decrease the potency of the offside trap.
    I've seen it suggested before, although it was inside your own 2/3rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

surprised no one has mentioned this. regarding the yellow card for taking a jersey off in celebration, its a fifa directive and must be implemented by all govering bodies. The reason it is a yellow card is because removing one's shirt, i.e bearing one's chest is a sign of disrespect in some cultures (not sure which) but cultures over which FIFA are the overall footballing body (obviously). It is the same as if we would expect a player to be booked if he celebrated by dropping his shorts and boxers and bearing his a$$ every time he scored a goal. perfectly reasonable yellow card. besides, all players know about the rule and are still surprised when the get booked for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

By the way.

I agree with a 5-game retrospective ban for diving.

A one/two game is a rest anyway.

A five game would certainly make people think twice about doing it.

Zero tolerance people. It's the only way.

Also, for players surrounding the ref. Send 'em off, each and every one of them. If they go below 7 players in one game, they forfeit the match and the three points. Simple. We all know what teams are mostly guilty of this, and if they were to lose points like this, it would be eradicated tbh. Let the captain speak to the ref.

Goal-line technology is definitely needed. Hawk-eye, and that "beeeeep" noise at Wimbledon Tennis would give an almost immediate result, and not affect the flow of the game.

• Advertisement

ditpoker wrote: »
    surprised no one has mentioned this. regarding the yellow card for taking a jersey off in celebration, its a fifa directive and must be implemented by all govering bodies. The reason it is a yellow card is because removing one's shirt, i.e bearing one's chest is a sign of disrespect in some cultures (not sure which) but cultures over which FIFA are the overall footballing body (obviously). It is the same as if we would expect a player to be booked if he celebrated by dropping his shorts and boxers and bearing his a$$ every time he scored a goal. perfectly reasonable yellow card. besides, all players know about the rule and are still surprised when the get booked for doing it.

Screw that crap. Different cultures, let them have their own rules. This is the game we watch week in week out, in a country with no such hangups. If they want to ban it in their own country, let them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Screw that crap. Different cultures, let them have their own rules. This is the game we watch week in week out, in a country with no such hangups. If they want to ban it in their own country, let them.

People from different cultures can live in different countries.

In a politically correct world this is what you have to deal with.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Leaving the field of play is not part of the game!

Oh for god sake thats the lamest argument ever. If you want to be technical when a goal is scored the ball is no longer in play (until kick off) so there is a gap when the field is no longer a field of play!

That aside, what on earth is wrong with a player running such as Drogba last week running 5 yards off the pitch to celebrate with the fans.

The game has moved on to the extent now that the fans find them selves incresingly detatched from their clubs. Rules like that only strenghten that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

would you say britain is devoid of people from pakistan, iran, india, germany, france, usa, brazil, south africa...!?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

ditpoker wrote: »
    would you say britain is devoid of people from pakistan, iran, india, germany, france, usa, brazil, south africa...!?? :confused:

I'm struggling to recall the international uproar, riots, death threats etc. that resulted in a premier legaue player taking his shirt off...ever. In fact I can't even recall seeing anyone turn away from the tv in disgust at such shirt removing antics.

Even if the super-conservative citizens of Tora Bora object to seeing Rooney's chest, so f**king what?

Stupid rule.

• Advertisement

If they don't like it, don't watch it. Multiculturalism isn't about homogenisation.

The running into the crowd thing is about crowd safety, while I'd like it not to be the case, if a kid was at the front he could easily be crushed. The rule is much more understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If they don't like it, don't watch it. Multiculturalism isn't about homogenisation.

The running into the crowd thing is about crowd safety, while I'd like it not to be the case, if a kid was at the front he could easily be crushed. The rule is much more understandable.

QFT

Most players wear Under Armour or vests anyway, so when they take the jersey off they are not exposing their bare chest.

I know people who have commented that they find it difficult to talk to a wearing a burka but daren't say anything as it's part of their culture and they respect that. Yet anything that from our culture that could offend in the slightest way has to be done away with. PC madness! Rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id love a rule that says Man Utd are allowed play Newcastle 12 times a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Like a basketball half court violation, interesting.

Perhaps try and enforce the laws which already exist.

1. Refs should be ex-players or suitably experienced
    2. Ref Mic
    3. Only Captain can speak to ref
    4. Foreign Refs (English refs should get some experience abroad and vice versa)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

lordgoat wrote:
    And i also think goalies are big pansies and get too much protection.

:mad: Have you ever tried playing in goals? When you know what it's like to jump for a ball, have your legs shoved from under you and land from a height of 4+ feet in the air, sometimes several times in a game, then come back and say 'keepers are pansies. There's nearly always a direct instruction from managers to hassle the goalie during set-pieces, this should receive the same attention as teams targetting the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, etc. It's players like Jens "ranting and raving" Lehmann that have brought negative attention to the position.

I'll admit the penalty rule is completely abused though. Last summer's shoot-out when England Under 21s lost was the perfect example of how officials don't police the line. It's not always down to cheating (goalkeepers are coached to step forward before diving for all shots) but it's usually pretty obvious when keepers look to gain an unfair advantage.

I also agree with suggested rules B, C, D and F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

An Fhile wrote: »
    :mad: Have you ever tried playing in goals? When you know what it's like to jump for a ball, have your legs shoved from under you and land from a height of 4+ feet in the air, sometimes several times in a game, then come back and say 'keepers are pansies.
    What you have described is a foul - be it on a goal keeper or not. This is not the problem people (well, me anyway) have. My problem is keepers getting free kicks for virtually ANY contact. IMO the keeper has an advantage over the attacking player cause they can use their hands. Why are you allowed to challange an outfield player in the air, but not the keeper?

Its due to a couple of reasons. The law is when the keeper has the ball under control (i.e. in their hands) any contact that you make which results in them loosing control of it its illegal. Hence a free.

I do agree that there is a certain element of ott protection especially against keepers that makes a mess of coming for a cross, hit into a player and get a free.

Another part is that while challenging an outfield player in the air if you knock him off balance mid flight lets say he sticks his hands out as protection. Keepers don't always have this luxury. The ball is in their hands so often they are using their shoulder, back and even heads to brace for the impact. Keepers need to be protected for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have a few ideas about rule changes. Some I have talked about on here and have generally been slaughtered about them:o

I'll list a few of them anyway:

1. Penalty shoot-outs to take place before extra-time.(Do a search if you're puzzled)

2. Retrospective yellow/red cards. Refs should not have the responsiblity for cards.
    They would continue to decide what's a foul or not but a video ref decides if it's card worthy(benefit of replays), then can relay the decision to the match ref.

3. Amend the 5 yellow card ban rule.
    Say if you go 3 games without a card then one is docked from your record or something. Yellow cards are too easy to get these days and it's madness that you can get a 1 match ban for picking up 5 cards in 7 months!

4. Video technology for important decisions of fact - over the goal line and offside.
    Again using the video referee. For offside there is always the argument that it will slow the game down, but it doesn't have to. In all attacks play continues until the video ref comes back with his decision. If it's offside then everything proceeding the attack is irrelevant, if it was onside then the game has not been affected at all. Linesmen would not be responsible for off side, just there to help the refs for throw-ins, off the ball incidents etc. A linesmans job is next to impossible at the moment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tauren wrote: »
    What you have described is a foul - be it on a goal keeper or not. This is not the problem people (well, me anyway) have. My problem is keepers getting free kicks for virtually ANY contact. IMO the keeper has an advantage over the attacking player cause they can use their hands. Why are you allowed to challange an outfield player in the air, but not the keeper?

I agree with you, don't get me wrong. I'd have no trouble dusting myself off and getting over it in the case of a fair challenge. Like I said, Lehmann is the best example to use from recent times of a keeper who over-reacts to minimal contact on the big stage. Before Almunia took over that guy pretty much had his own regular slot on Match of the Day, giving out about fair challenges, until referees just took the easy option and started giving soft free kicks.

I can't remember the exact incident, but I was pretty p!ssed off recently to see (iirc) Mark Schwarzer get a free kick despite there being no contact at all. As a fan of the game I hate to see bad decisions like that. It was not the keeper's fault though, he didn't even appeal for it :confused:

iregk wrote: »
    Oh for god sake thats the lamest argument ever. If you want to be technical when a goal is scored the ball is no longer in play (until kick off) so there is a gap when the field is no longer a field of play!

That aside, what on earth is wrong with a player running such as Drogba last week running 5 yards off the pitch to celebrate with the fans.

The game has moved on to the extent now that the fans find them selves incresingly detatched from their clubs. Rules like that only strenghten that.

You're the kind of poster that gets others into trouble for calling you names! What has Drogba running 5 yards got to do with what I responded to

Originally Posted by Mikeyt086
    NO MORE YELLOWS for ...going into the crowd. Its a total joke.

unless he went into the crowd?

And as for your ball in the net remark, tut tut tut. Again I have to restrain myself ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement