Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rule Changes you'd like to see

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Archimedes wrote: »
    Id love a rule that says Man Utd are allowed play Newcastle 12 times a season.

:D:D
    And Liverpool :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Straight red for diving.[Can be after the fact on video evidence]

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

An Fhile wrote: »
    :mad: Have you ever tried playing in goals? When you know what it's like to jump for a ball, have your legs shoved from under you and land from a height of 4+ feet in the air, sometimes several times in a game, then come back and say 'keepers are pansies. There's nearly always a direct instruction from managers to hassle the goalie during set-pieces, this should receive the same attention as teams targetting the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, etc. It's players like Jens "ranting and raving" Lehmann that have brought negative attention to the position.

Yip i haveplayed in goal, i hated it and i found that it was tough at times but watching it on the tv the amount of 'fouls' called is ridiculous, i have no problem when there is contactit's part of the game. And i believe that a goalie should look after himself but at the end of the day i think that if the ball is anywhere but in his hands an other player has every right to try and win it. (So long as it's not wreckless or intentionally knowingly going to injure the keeper).

I now much prefer standing rigt infront of the keeper at corners and causing as much havoc as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

nipplenuts wrote: »
    You're the kind of poster that gets others into trouble for calling you names!
    Actually nobody has ever called me a name on this board so lame argument there.
    What has Drogba running 5 yards got to do with what I responded to

Fans in stamford bridge are close to the pitch. When drogba scored he ran over to the crowd and hugged a few of them. Its only 5 yards off the pitch. You said players that run into the crowd, thats what he did so it has everything to do with your response. Arjen Robben also got booked for this is ironically the exact same spot as drogba did it.
    And as for your ball in the net remark, tut tut tut. Again I have to restrain myself ;)

Just pointing out technicalities is all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

An official stationed on the goaline to rule a goal.

yep. a must imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I cant agree with any suggestion that effectively changes an existing rule (ie. changes to the penal system for football), point in fact, the friggin abomination that is the offside rule.

It leaves many a pundit (and better men) scratching their head of a Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

PHB wrote: »

Then the final one, and its kinda a big change, the introduction of two new lines on the pitch, between the half way line and the goal line, to make four big lines on the pitch. Within the middle two lines, there can be no offside.
    This would result in much more open play, and make it much more difficult to execute the offside trap.

*sigh*

whats wrong with a well executed offside trap?

how about this, no 2nd phase or anything like that.

back to the old rule, if when the ball is passed forward, there has to be two players between you and the end line. End of story, nothing about coming back from an offside position, nothing about non interfering with play.

If you are offside, you are offside.

End of story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

event wrote: »
    back to the old rule, if when the ball is passed forward, there has to be two players between you and the end line. End of story, nothing about coming back from an offside position, nothing about non interfering with play.

If you are offside, you are offside.

End of story

Exactly. I hate this "not interfering with play" thing, because really, if you're on the pitch, then you're interfering with play. Under the current rules, a striker can be coming back from an offside position and is not considered offside because he is not interfering with play. But are you telling me that the centre back doesn't have one eye on the striker, thus distracting him somewhat from the ball?

I'd also do away with extra time and penalties and have both teams go to sudden death (with the ability to use the previously unused subs). It would be much more interesting, and if a game went a few more hours... well, who doesn't want to see more football?? I'm being a little facetious, but I would still prefer it to penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Was posted in another thread

But a rule change I would love to see is
    The Captain can be booked and sent off if his team keep approaching and confronting the ref after a verbal warning , As that post said make the captaincy a real postion of responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Was posted in another thread

But a rule change I would love to see is
    The Captain can be booked and sent off if his team keep approaching and confronting the ref after a verbal warning , As that post said make the captaincy a real postion of responsibility.

:eek: You've got to be joking. I'm actually in favour of the rugby approach to captaincy, but punishing one man for another's sins ain't cool, even in sports.

Advertisement