Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dj Desk

• 27-03-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey guys, I am looking to get a dj desk or similar.I don't mind if its a normal table or an aluminium trussed table as used in gigs once the top of the table is 850mm above the ground.
    Any ideas or suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

best thing is to get a good chippy to build you exactly wat your lookin for,thats wat i did savage job:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

heres one i made earlier.....

2uz75h5.jpg

Completely agree with the last post, custom built is best!

Wasnt cheap but better (in my opinion) than MDF and flat pack self assembly stuff being sold everywhere......

I made that out of 22mm thick plywood and trimmed the edges with pine, holes are cut out under decks and just behind mixer to keep the cables tucked away.

the speakers are 3 foot high floorstanders and the main unit was designed around them.

Unit on left is seperate from table, 4 shelves for 12" and a wee shelf for 7" tunes

Luckily my joinery skills are more likely better than my dj skills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Luckily my joinery skills are more likely better than my dj skills :)

Surely that shows! Do you get a nice lot of feedback from your speakers being in front of you? Seriously for a bedroom DJ set up it's good. I was looking for a small laptop stand for my 00DJ. I now put it up like
    the pic attached. But I am looking to get another flightcase for it. I have seen one that is really for a turntable, the lid comes off and would be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luke! Broughan

Are you looking for a dj desk strictly for home use?

or one for mobile dj?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭just pete

Just home use,
    Never bring your toys out where other people can break them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement