Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RPG's for the X Box?

• 27-03-2008 9:10pm

Hi all,
    Looking for a new RPG to play on the X Box 360, I still play and love Oblivion, but I've heard (and read) terrible things about "Two Worlds". Can anyone recommend a decent one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lost Odyssey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Mass effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

There's not a lot.

Lost Odyssey is the biggest one at the moment.

Then there's also Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.

There's some other RPGs that aren't turn based like Mass Effect and Oblivion.

That's about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You seem to be talking about Western RPGs... In which case there is Mass Effect and not much else....

Get the original Xbox titles Knights of the Old Republic games and Jade Empire if you haven't played them.

The big Japanese ones would be Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Enchanted Arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just started playing lost odyssey tonight.. Im 3 hours in and I must say its pretty good so far.. I tried mass effect and it just made me tired.. I saw give lost odyssey a go!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

You could try finding Elder Scrolls 3 from the original Xbox, its listed as compatible for 360 on the microsoft website.

Oblivion was the first intro to Elder Scrolls to me so I want to lay my hands on the earlier games too. May be a bit hard to find though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah Morrowind, how superior it was to Oblivion.

I have Mass Effect, and I am enjoying it, however there's slightly too much dialog for my taste.

Would love to get my hands on Morrowind - have been looking for it in Game, etc. but haven't seen it so far.

I don't mind the idea of turn based RPG's - when I was a kid myself and my mates were obsessed with a game called VGA Planets for the PC.

Anyone play "Kingdom under Fire" (there's some other title on too) or "Dark Messiah"? If so, what are they like.

I quite like slash'n'hack RPG's as well, I had the Baldur's Gate series & the Champions of Norrath series on my last console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I have Mass Effect, and I am enjoying it, however there's slightly too much dialog for my taste

Mass Effect is all abut the dialog! Its what makes it great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Havnt played Kingdom Under Fire but i have played Dark Messiah and its bloody rubbish... Not really an RPG either. Didnt like Enchanted Arms either because of that stupid grid system. Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect and Oblivion are really good. Also Fable2, Fallout3 and Too Human are out this year which should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Isnt there on Microsoft developed, Kamiera or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Trilla wrote: »
    Isnt there on Microsoft developed, Kamiera or something like that?
    kameo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mass Effect is the best RPG on the 360, followed by Lost Odyssey and then Eternal Sontata in my opinion. Tne blue Dragon i suppose, but it was a bit too old school for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Havnt played Kingdom Under Fire but i have played Dark Messiah and its bloody rubbish... Not really an RPG either. Didnt like Enchanted Arms either because of that stupid grid system. Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect and Oblivion are really good. Also Fable2, Fallout3 and Too Human are out this year which should be good.

Kingdom under fire is appalling! It's so bloody repetitive, music is ok, graphics are nice (though they never really change throughout) and the enemies are bland and there is no satisfaction when leveling up or buying new items. All in all it's sh*t.

Dark Messiah is notably buggy on the 360. The PC version was grand for a while (physics were a novelty) but the game itself is pretty terrible as a whole. Multiplayer has cut down graphics and isn't really that interested, I found.

Mass Effect is great. Knights Of The Old Republic is my favourite game ever made so I'd recommend that and the sequel without hesitating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Mass Effect, definitely!

For my two cents, Oblivion is the richest, and most rewarding game I've ever played. It just seems a pity to me that there are so few decent RPG's out there for such a great console.

Ah well, back to COD, Halo, Gears of War, Rainbow six, Fuel of War, Army of two, Ghost Recon, etc etc etc, I suppose!

Advertisement