Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolos - changed for the worse?

• 27-03-2008 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Just had a pack of Rolos there for the first time in a while and the caramel seems to have changed. It's now labelled as "creamy toffee", don't think it's nearly as nice. Not as chewy as before and a bit of a nasty after-taste.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I bought a pack at lunch to test (as I've been off chocolate for lent). And I agree... they're more like chewy toffee than the caramel they used to be... not overly impressed I have to say. And yes a more toffee aftertaste.

bring back the caramelly I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

*sniff*
    I want to out and buy a packet so I can taste for myself as im all curious now, but iv been off chocolate since Monday!:( Im on a healthy eating/no junk phase atm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I haven't had rolos for a good few years now and you've made me a bit curious. I think I'll get me some tomorrow. I do remember liking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

My wife had a tube a little while ago. I just asked her if she found them different.

She said no. She got them from the fridge and ate them. Said they seemed the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yes indeedy they are different - there is less chocolate now and chocolate is the best part :( The chocolate base used to be much thicker and better :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just got a pack there. The chocolate seemed as thick as ever, but I wasn't that impressed with the toffee. Bring back the caramel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Rolo's are terrible now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

Yeah I agree it isnt as chewy and ity is just not nearly as nice as the last one! Bad chocie in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Groe wrote: »
    Yeah I agree it isnt as chewy and ity is just not nearly as nice as the last one! Bad chocie in my opinion

Does this mean that I can't ask my hubby if he would like my last rolo :rolleyes: - (anybody remember that advert. ?)

Oh disaster - I'll just have to eat them all myself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Gotta agree, any recent packets I have eaten I found my self only eating the first few because of its unusual after tast / taste :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

dh0661 wrote: »
    Does this mean that I can't ask my hubby if he would like my last rolo :rolleyes: - (anybody remember that advert. ?)

Oh disaster - I'll just have to eat them all myself :p

I should hope not. Myself and the O/H are always joking about that. My taste buds are tingling i must buy a pack tomorrow and see. Having said that the shops round here are never too busy so could be old stock....

Advertisement