Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray to UCD

Options
  • 27-03-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

We're moving to Bray in the summer and I'm a bit worried about how to get to UCD every day for college. I know I could get the dart to Sydney Parade but the walk is a total pain if it's raining. Does anyone have any advice for someone who doesn't drive on how to make a daily commute from Bray to Belfield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Im in UCD and have a friend who commutes from Bray everyday. She drives and it takes her over an hour. I think the best bet would be to get the DART, the bus service isnt that reliable and you would probably have to get the DART to Dun Laoire or somewhere to catch a bus to UCD anyway. The walk from Sydney Parade is only about 20 mins, only thing is, its slightly uphill on Nutley lane. Ive walked it a few times and Id say you'd get used to it pretty soon. The DART at least is reliable and you ll know what time its coming at...most of the time !

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Just hop on the No. 84 bus, stops just outside Belfield, used to be quite regular when I had to use it every day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

145 Every 20minutes drops you right at the entrance and return journey just walk across the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Thank you everyone. Sounds much less painful than I had anticipated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The 84 comes once an hour at best. Before the 145 came along about 3 years ago getting to UCD from Shankill/Bray was a total pain. Now you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thank you everyone. Sounds much less painful than I had anticipated! :)
    Yes, the 145 is pretty regular and reliable now. Depending on exactly where you're going to be living in Bray it could mean a bit of a walk to the nearest bus stop though.

The 145's route from Kilmacanogue takes it down Killarney Road from the Hill's roundabout, then takes a left down Kilbride Lane (by the junction with Boghall Road) and goes down Herbert Road for a short distance as far as Ardmore studios where it turns right down Killarney Lane to rejoin Killarney Road again. From there it just carries on down Killarney Road and then Bray Main Street and out the other side onto the Dublin Road, through Shankill and onto the N11 at Loughlinstown. Beware the buses (marked (s) on the timetable) that take a detour via the Dart station though, you can sometimes be hanging around there waiting for a driver change, plus it can take a while to get to and from the station from Main Street when the traffic's busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you're willing to take the 84x from the southern cross it will get you there in 25 minutes. it's €2.30 though.

Advertisement