Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to head out..

Options
  • 27-03-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all, im heading to dublin for the weekend and wondering if people can suggest some good pubs and maybe clubs to go to. im 20 so somewhere that would be good for that age group

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

The dragon and the george are great spots!

No seriously, what are you into (music wise) and is it just you or a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

dance, charts, r n b, everything really!!!!! a group of 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭lockon...

Copper Face Jacks - Harcourt St
    D2 - Harcourt St
    TriPod - Harcourt St
    The Village - Wexford St

The Palace is good on a Saturday and its free in.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

free in!! im liking it already!!!!!!!! could you recommend anywhere that is good to eat aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Coppers, D2 and Tripod are all 21s at the weekend. The village is very rockery, not a proper club really.

The palace for cheapness or Rios if youre dressed a bit more upmarket are both good bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

I'd 2nd D2 not a bad spot.
    http://www.indublin.ie/Venues/Clubs/dtwo_Nightclub.aspx

You also have Purity kitchen in temple bar - few different levels depending on your mood.

Some other one's:
    Krystle (Nite club)- Harcourt st. age could be a problem here though
    http://www.indublin.ie/Venues/Clubs/Krystle_Nightclub.aspx

O'reilly's (Nite club)- tara st, can get busy with the office crowds friday

citi bar (ground & upper level bars - Basement - Nite club) - Dame st next to central bank
    http://www.indublin.ie/Venues/Clubs/Citi_Bar.aspx

Thomas Reid's/The Oak Bar- Corner of Parliment st & Dame st - lively - good atmosphere

Use the indublin website to check any other clubs/pubs/restaurants

Smiths pub - Corner of Jervis st & luas line - good pub grub - not a bad bar either

Topulos Italian Restaurant on Parliment st - very reasonable - value 4 money
    Mogolian restaurant - Temple bar opposite Club M (€15 all you can eat - freshly cooked in front of you)

I could be here all nite - if you be bit more specific I could narrow it down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Don't go near Copper Face jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jdivision wrote: »

She'll fit right in, she's from Cork.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭allybhoy

jdivision wrote: »
    Ah come on Coppers is class, stays open till half3 and is jammers every night of the week. Although upstairs is closded cos its getting done up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

allybhoy wrote: »
    Ah come on Coppers is class, stays open till half3 and is jammers every night of the week. Although upstairs is closded cos its getting done up at the moment.

i dont think being "jammers" is necessarily a good thing for a club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

The Blacker and Purple Rain in Coolock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

raheny red wrote: »
    The Blacker and Purple Rain in Coolock :pac:

I still can't believe the Sheaf has a "nightclub"... oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

I'm 21 living up in Dublin and I'd defo recommend either 21s, Q-bar or Citi bar!! 21s and Q bar are beside each other just off O'connell bridge and Citi bar is on Dame St near Temple Bar!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

raheny red wrote: »
    The Blacker :pac:

Lol is that place still open? I was there once a while ago and I'm not sure I want to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

club 21 is grand durin the week cos its full of students but at the weekends its a scum-hole.id say head for coppers.its not 21s, if your under 21 and not drunk or a knacker theyll let ya in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

allybhoy wrote: »

If you are actually originally from Dublin I will eat my own head.

Tripod used to be the best club in town when it was known as the Red Box, then it closed down for renovation. Ive been twice since it re opened, wasnt the best (and there is one very rude bitch behind the bar).

The Village can be great craic, had a belter there around November bank holiday weekend. iirc it was dance and rap upstairs, live music/DJ playing rock downstairs, pleasing enough for everyone (though downstairs gets very cramped to walk thru)

Citi Bar- sh1te

Coppers is hell on earth. The true recreation of your average small town nightclub- drunk, ignorant fcuks, awful awful music, end the night with the national anthem and one of the more violent clubs in Dublin. Avoid.

21s is jammed during the week, was there one Friday and it was like a morgue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

She'll fit right in, she's from Cork.:p

So am I. What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

A friend of mine from Brazil is living in Dublin at the moment and wants to know where to go to meet people. She has been there for around 6 months and is unsure where to go exactly. I'm from Cork so I cant suggest any places as I don't know Dublin.

Any help would be appreciated. I would assume that she is looking for fairly run of the mill places so nothing out of the ordinary please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

try, d2, q bar, the gaeity, coppers, the palace, anywhere, ages issues will comeintoplay in coppers, kyrstal, palace sorta, everywhere else is kinda full o kids or knacks tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement