Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 transfer of ownership

• 27-03-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭

I am using a mobile in someone else's name but now I want to transfer ownership to myself.
    I know how to do it; you go into the shop with the person who is transferring ownership (he/she has to have photo id and a utility bill with them) and fill in a form.
    However is the transfer of ownership instantaneous or do you have to wait to get something back from O2?
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

lukin wrote: »
    I am using a mobile in someone else's name but now I want to transfer ownership to myself.
    I know how to do it; you go into the shop with the person who is transferring ownership (he/she has to have photo id and a utility bill with them) and fill in a form.
    However is the transfer of ownership instantaneous or do you have to wait to get something back from O2?
    Thanks for any replies.

Assuming:
    - the existing account is not a corporate account
    - the desired account will be individual

Then the staff in the store can ring it through there and then give or take system issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

random wrote: »
    Assuming:
    - the existing account is not a corporate account
    - the desired account will be individual

Then the staff in the store can ring it through there and then give or take system issues.

No it's not a corporate account and the new account is an individual one so maybe they can do it over the 'phone.
    I can only do it on a Saturday so I hope they can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You are better off going into a shop as they will need to get some proof of identity from you in order to transfer the bill into your name. You will need the following:

Driving License/Passport

Bill or Bank Statement from last 2 months
    without these you will not be able to transfer.

You are better off going into a shop as they will need to get some proof of identity from you in order to transfer the bill into your name. You will need the following:

Driving License/Passport

Bill or Bank Statement from last 2 months
    without these you will not be able to transfer.

Yeah you are right, just did it there today. It has to be posted to O2 in Limerick so it won't come through for a few days.
    I am not going to do it yet though as there is an upgrade due on the 'phone but if I don't get it now then after it is transferred then the upgrade is no longer valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I'd say they would push through an upgrade for you after the transfer if you asked them, as long as it was valid before hand

• Advertisement

X-Calibre wrote: »
    I'd say they would push through an upgrade for you after the transfer if you asked them, as long as it was valid before hand

Well yer man on the 'phone said no. I got the Nokia 6300 anyway.

Advertisement