Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 PAYG broadband

Options
  • 27-03-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Now that the 3 Pay as you go modem is out ive been thinking of something. i want to have wifi in my car for my iphone and my laptop. So i was thinking of buying a Zonbu Mini, Getting a decent inverter and putting xp on the Zonbu. then i can resend the 3 signal over wifi from my car!. thus allowing the rest of my family to use wifi easily and the possibility of putting an in dash screen in the future.
    My question is though, anyone know of a cheaper mini pc (zonbu costs 300$ without a contract)
    Or is there a cheapass router that has usb in that can be hacked to work with the 3pay modem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can get 12V to ATX psu adaptors
    Or most of the routers for 3G will run off 12V
    there are two or three USB capable routers. But you may fine the expenditure not worth it.
    I don;t like cricket, so great having Digiweb Mobile via router and Wifi on my phone for R4 FM web feed in car.

I suspect dashboard screens other than for Satnave will be made illegal soon. In UK at least it's illegal to have a TV screen where the driver can see it. It is of course illegal here to watch a screen while driving.

Advertisement