Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ati radeon x700 128m overclock? (laptop)

• 28-03-2008 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

ok

my laptop has an ati radeon x700 128meg card on a pci-e slot (onboard... obviously)
    anyways,
    there is a pro model of this card also for laptops, which comes with 256meg .

now my model runs at something like 350mhz core and 370 mem clock. (could be wrong)
    the pro model runs at 400mhz core and 410 mem clock (again could be wrong)

anyways, my question is, could i overclock my chip to match the pro model? and if so would i have to put in a new heatsink or fan or something. like it runs kinda hot as is.

im pretty sure ati released a hypermemory driver for it, so im not really worried bout the memory aspect. im just kinda pissed off that they rebadged this model, and gave it extra ram, then decided ahh shur we'll make it a bit faster too!

im fairly shure they are the same chip like.

i mean, is it a memory thing that caused them to slow down the model i have???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Try ati tool. It might allow you to overclock, but the chances are the gpu wont allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Core overclock should be fine close to 400mhz, getting to 410mhz on the memory might be a bit flakey - the default memory I think is actually not 370, so unless it's already overclocked it should be around 340. All you can do is try - those sort of speeds might prove unstable, but they're not going to fry the card.

I would go for about 390/380...

Advertisement