Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP

• 28-03-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have windows XP on my pc at the moment but the theme is the classic one and i cant change it back to the xp one? I'm on about the taskbar and the start menu and all being the same as in 98 but i want to change it back to the xp look.

I've tried the normal control panel way but it isn't there anymore just the classic.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Right click on the desktop and select properties... then change the theme to XP...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's not there it just has: My current theme, Windows classic, More themes online and browse??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Sounds like you have changed the performance settings...right click my computer/properties/advanced... in there click on settings for performance. Then to test click set for best appearance and then try your themes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Go to Start Menu tab, after right clicking properties. Select start menu instead of classic start menu. click apply and ok.

Go to Start Menu tab, after right clicking properties. Select start menu instead of classic start menu. click apply and ok.

Tried the above and when i selected the non-classic one it still stayed the same..

Changed performance settings aswell and still nothing.. ?

• Advertisement

hmm..
    Click Start, then run, then type services.msc
    Scroll down till you find one called themes. Right click it and select start. If start isnt available click restart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

start
    run
    services.msc
    right pane scroll down to themes
    double click on themes set startup type to automatic and press start

mukki wrote: »
    start
    run
    services.msc
    right pane scroll down to themes
    double click on themes set startup type to automatic and press start

I won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

allybhoy wrote: »
    I won!

sorry mate

but read the chater....
    charter wrote:
    if two posts are posted in the same minute the credit goes to the poster with the higher post count

mukki wrote: »
    sorry mate

but read the chater....

Haha..

Cheers lads worked a charm! :)

• Advertisement

Nay bader

Advertisement