Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stargate SG1: The Ark of Truth [SPOILERS]

• 28-03-2008 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

02_header.jpg

Synopsis:
    SG-1 travels to the Ori home galaxy in search of an Ancient device that could stop the Ori war once and for all. But the return of an old enemy threatens to overrun the ship before they can accomplish their mission.

What did you think of SG1's first feature length outing "Ark of Truth"? 18 votes

A for Ark
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    11% 2 votes
    McKay
    33% 6 votes
    Bad
    33% 6 votes
    I cried!
    22% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who'd have thunk that the
    old enemy
    was actually
    the british
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

gave it an ok. I enjoyed it, but felt a bit cheated that they actually did nothing by themselves, it was all one magical creature really, and felt more like the SG1 characters were just stumbling along blindly from one mild action scene to the next.

Dont think I'll be rewatching it any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

(bah in the middle of replying yesterday and my internetz went, i just gots them back!)

Yeah I thought it was a decent outing for SG1, I really liked the overall production quality of the movie, it really did feel like a movie (especially the start credits, very lord of the rings lol)

The plot was alright, I liked the replicator angle and the IOA using slightly backhanded tactics was fun too, but the Ori storyline was pretty weak imo... they never seemed liked a threat throughout season 9, 10 and the film. It was a tad ridiculous that the Ori ships were firing on Odyssey for so long without even bringing down their shields! even while SG1 were dealing with replicators...

But yeah, i gave it a good, because while it wasn't anything special, I enjoyed it and hope that Continuum can better this.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bad, only because I'm feeling generous this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it was grand but nothing too special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

If that was a season worth then I am actually glad that it was cancelled.

Just the same old, same old.

Enemy threat, find ancient weapon, kill enemies and repeat ad nauseam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Never liked Bowder/Black reign on SG1. Nothing about them personally. Thought they were GREAT in Farscape (Although the Farscape reference was AWESOME in the wormhole x-treme movie ep) Just thought it lost its way after the go'auld were defeated. The Ori? Gimme a break. Oh, religous fundamentalists persecuting the people and then killing themselves by bursting into flames? Subtle. Just thought it should have ended when it was supposed to with season, was it 7 when Jackson came back? The one that was supposed to be a movie? Anyway, just thought it was a weak episode, finishing off the Ori storyline so they can do their other DTV movies. god, bring O'Neil into Atlantis. give it SOME character ya give a crap about other than Carson Becket or, even better: Hammond!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NThe Ori? Gimme a break. Oh, religous fundamentalists persecuting the people and then killing themselves by bursting into flames? Subtle.

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It was one of the worst Stargate outings I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm still looking forward to Continuum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement