Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney's bro to play for Ireland apparently...

• 28-03-2008 3:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear about this? Is he any good? I think he is only 17 or something and plays for Macclesfield....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not good enough for England then I take it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Dont even know if its true yet but your probrably right!;) He is in League 2 so I think we can safely take from that - no chance with England. Probrably no chance with Ireland either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

darkman2 wrote: »
    Dont even know if its true yet but your probrably right!;) He is in League 2 so I think we can safely take from that - no chance with England. Probrably no chance with Ireland either!

On the contrary, we'll probably snap him up. Couldn't be any worse than including one of them eL shams in a squad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Qualifies through the granny rule apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chap's an absolute knacker.

Went away and played in a tournament in Liverpool and his team were kicked out of the competition for fighting.

They then tried egging us after the game.

Hope he never gets anywhere near Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

SantryRed wrote: »

Went away and played in a tournament in Liverpool and his team were kicked out of the competition for fighting.

lol he is a rooney in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lads, lets watch the abuse and acusations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

SantryRed wrote: »

So he runs the team, and he orchestrated the egging - nothing to do with the others on the team. Was he even there when it happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Too true
    On the contrary, we'll probably snap him up. Couldn't be any worse than including one of them eL shams in a squad :rolleyes:
    There is nobody currently playing in the eL good enough for international football.

FACT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

There is nobody currently playing in the eL good enough for international football.

Ah I dunno, there's bound to be one or two with a granny from Lichtenstein or Malta or somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Sad to say but this applies to all the current Irish team. And England are brutal:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney was eligible to play for Ireland, I remember reading somewher that apparently he even considered it briefly. This guy from what I've seen isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

DesF wrote: »

FACT.

Id agree to an extent, however I think both Murphys would be better served getting called up as 2nd/3rd choice keepers as both are in their early 20s ahead of ageing keepers playing lower level football in England or Ireland for that matter. Id say the same argument could be made for a few outfield players in the league, especially for friendlies.

bohsman wrote: »
    Id say the same argument could be made for a few outfield players in the league, especially for friendlies.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Who?

I dont really follow Ireland so dont know where they are weak but Id imagine any young striker on form would do better than a reserve striker in England if either of Keane or Doyle are missing, say Behan towards the end of last season, Mooney if he stays on form this season. Potentially Jason Byrne, he was top notch with Shels and as was proved with Doyle training in England automatically makes you a far better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nobody in the Irish team good enough for England? Given, Dunne, Robbie Keane. Theres 3 :)

As for the Rooney thing, i remember calling Rooney up for Ireland in Championship Manager 4 and he accepted. I got Keiran Richardson aswell though tbf.

If hes only 17 maybe see where he is in a while and if hes good enough give him a chance? I dunno.

Given, maybe.
    Keane would be in the squad imo.
    Dunne wouldn't get in ahead of Terry/Ferdinand, but could be back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Given, maybe.
    Keane would be in the squad imo.
    Dunne wouldn't get in ahead of Terry/Ferdinand, but could be back up.

a fit given would most definitly get into the england starting eleven.

keane is on great form at the moment and would definitly be in the squad if not start

your right about dunne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sad to say but this applies to all the current Irish team. And England are brutal:(

I think Given and Keane would certainly make the team. Given on reputation, Keane on current form and the crapness of England's strikers. Duff would have made it at one point as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

PHB wrote: »
    Rooney was eligible to play for Ireland, I remember reading somewher that apparently he even considered it briefly.

Ditto for Rio Ferdinand and... Chris Armstrong :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    As for the Rooney thing, i remember calling Rooney up for Ireland in Championship Manager 4 and he accepted. I got Keiran Richardson aswell though tbf..

Ritchie Humphreys ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

PHB wrote: »
    Rooney was eligible to play for Ireland, I remember reading somewher that apparently he even considered it briefly. This guy from what I've seen isn't great.

Yeah I remember that at the time alright... Was never going to happen after his goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZmixtMByY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney, het two Ferdinands, Scholes, Fletcher and Richardson all could have played for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Surely it would make a mockery of the whole Granny Rule if he was to play for Ireland? Not that it takes much tbh.

Is there actually any evidence/quotes that he wants to play for us anyway?

For anybody that hasn't seen this young adonis see the attached pic. The beautiful belle by his side is Colleen's cousin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Surely it would make a mockery of the whole Granny Rule if he was to play for Ireland? Not that it takes much tbh.

For anybody that hasn't seen this young adonis see the attached pic. The beautiful belle by his side is Colleen's cousin.

If the football doesn't work out he could go into modelling.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

heh, it looks like Wayne got the skills AND the looks in the Rooney family...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Oh dear.

If I posted my first reaction to that photo, I'd be banning myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

if the footie doesn't work out they could always get a job as wayne and coleen impersonators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

And don't forget kilbanihno - he'd rival Joe Cole for sure :D oh and ian harte for LB ahead of cashley....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I dont know why Ireland dont look for more players like that, anybody who has an Irish granny or plays for Sunderland qualifies, so... Why didnt we call up Kenwyne Jones before T&T did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

When he wins the World Cup with Ireland that video will come back to haunt him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i wonder if these two are eligible? they could do a job for us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGa3XfFwM-8&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Rooney as a mascot many many years ago at the Merseyside derby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2OW1iL-SA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sweetie wrote: »
    if the footie doesn't work out they could always get a job as wayne and coleen impersonators.
    It's funny you say that. This is where I got the pic from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Here's a pix of the strapping young hunk taken at a recent press conference.
    http://media.skyshowbiz.com/image/unscaled/2007/4/3/Graeme-Rooney-1519206.jpg

He's doing an impression of his favourite politician Winston Churchill.

(nice coldsores btw, I imagine he got them off his 10 year old g/f from the earlier pix? :confused:)

Advertisement