Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream

Options
  • 28-03-2008 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

ReignofStarscream.jpg
    Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream is a new comic by IDW thats being released in April 2008. It follows Starscream as he retrieves a fallen comrade, travels to meet a major player in the Decepticon army and plots his revenge upon Earth. There will be five issues and theres a good possibility it will bridge the gap between the first and 2nd Transformers movie.

The second film is due for release on June 26th 2009

So what are people's taughts on this, who do we think he's going to meet, who do you think he has recovered and what do you think he's going to do. Place your bets now....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Soundwave hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it actually called "Transformers Movie Sequel"

That's a big naff.

Oh.. I like that picture though... that's a reference to one of the old Transformer comic covers, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I frequent the homepage of the artist who did the linework for The Reign of Starscream:

http://markerguru.deviantart.com/art/Reign-of-Starscream-sample-pg1-79631628
    http://markerguru.deviantart.com/art/Reign-of-Starscream-sample-pg2-79632201

http://markerguru.deviantart.com/

He's a seriously talented artist.

I was never a 'real' Transformers fan so I dont really know too much beyond Beast Wars or Armada. My thoughts are he's looking for Tidal Wave. Imagine how awesome an Aircraft-Carrier would be as a transformer on the big screen o_0

colors by: http://dyemooch.deviantart.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm, Bay did say he wanted an aircraft carrier Transformer for the sequel.

I did it , i read the movie transcript :( But all i can say , is its great , i really cant wait. I wont say much but it will be a 3 way battle. With some of our old favorates finally showing up.
    Aircraft carrier is in but its not a robot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ah... yes... I was right... it is taken from one of the old comics.

comic5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

I did it , i read the movie transcript :( But all i can say , is its great , i really cant wait. I wont say much but it will be a 3 way battle. With some of our old favorates finally showing up.

Where can I get a copy of that? Perhaps a PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

But is Soundwave going to make an appearance?

Bad news, that leaked transcript is a fake. Ultra Magnus FFS

If its fake i am then dissapointed because it was great . If its fake , i can then say its Starscream's army vs MegaTrons Army vs Autobots. Starscream is after a new energy created by sector 7 copied from the cube. Megatron is after the Matrix .

Soundwave
    Devistator
    Hotrod
    Ultramagnus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im relieved that its a fake, it sucked. Was like a rehash of the animated movie. And as Galvasean said, "ultra magnus FFS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

On the commentary for the Transformers film Michael Bay says there was 39,000 attempted hacks into the companys personal database in Jan 2006. Only one of those were successful enough to get the script, and he found out who took it, and he was able to get it back before it was leaked. However, he did say that a script was leaked 5 months before Transformers was officially finished, and that this was very different from the film presented

On the commentary for the Transformers film Michael Bay says there was 39,000 attempted hacks into the companys personal database in Jan 2006. Only one of those were successful enough to get the script, and he found out who took it, and he was able to get it back before it was leaked. However, he did say that a script was leaked 5 months before Transformers was officially finished, and that this was very different from the film presented

Surely they should have just cut the hard-lines?

Overheal wrote: »
    Surely they should have just cut the hard-lines?

Most people wouldn't get what your trying to say there, but I do, and its quite amusing. Well done;)

http://markerguru.deviantart.com/ has a sneak preview up for the cover art on the 2nd issue of RoS if anyone is interested.

Nice cover. Poor Landmine..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Cant wait for the sequal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i love alex's stuff. he got alot of slagging for the megatron origins stuff but i loved it. its the fecking colourist that manked things up there. the worst ive ever seen in an IDW book towards the end (and singularly fcuked up a great silent scene between the dynobots and the predacons)

gonna get this in trade though, i couldnt be arsed setting up a file at my local comic shop any more and i dont trust em to order the book in decent numbers to get a complete set . fcuking muppets didnt even order spotlight grimlock in any numbers. i mean who the fcuk like the dinobots eh? its not like last time grimlock was in a spotlight it sold out or anything :rolleyes:

thank GOD for play.com.

I cant even find the first issue, let alone the second one, but nice cover. I dunno when anyone is getting this in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i think it got messed up at the printers so it should be out in the next week or two so i dont think you missed it.

that said keep an eye out, spotlight grimlock came and went without anyone noticing.

• Advertisement

that said keep an eye out, spotlight grimlock came and went without anyone noticing.

*Didn't notice*

Crap, looks like another TPB for me..

Finally got a hold of this today. Brilliant cover, both of them, although the Gabriel cover would be my favourite. Nice to see Barricade still alive as he was my favourite in the movie asides from Starscream. Megatron never really interested me and I was glad he was killed off. Also ordered the limited cover from Apocolypse Comics.com, its featured in the back of the Issue, theres also another cover for sale in Forbidden Planet but this is not really worth the extra 6Euro price tag to be honest.

Advertisement