Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

240 KMH Vid on Youtube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CapnMark

Located here aswell, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55508309&posted=1#post55508309

Seems that they might catch the b*stard aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

"It is behind bars that person needs to be," he said.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anan1 wrote: »
    I didn't know Yoda worked for the Donegal Gardai :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Link to the video?

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Link to the video?
    It's been taken off Youtube, but over on the Donegal forum there's a link to a copy of it on some file sharing site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

What a f*ckin eegit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Anan1 wrote: »
    Behind the bar of his local pub, this guy is laughing at the cops at this minute :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

This is being discussed on "The Last Word" on Today FM now ...

• Advertisement

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    This is being discussed on "The Last Word" on Today FM now ...
    Listening now, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Must have been a headwind that day - there is another 10mph top end unaccounted for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Surprised he is being given a hard time. If, in his opinion, he was driving safely, then isnt it OK, whatever his actual speed was?

Cretin for Youtubing it tho.

Sandwich wrote: »
    Surprised he is being given a hard time. If, in his opinion, he was driving safely, then isnt it OK, whatever his actual speed was?

Cretin for Youtubing it tho.
    Safely?
    Incredibly, at the moment the speedometer hits the top speed, the driver appears to take both hands off the steering wheel to point it out to the front seat passenger who is holding a camcorder.

Link

Safely is irrelevant anyway. He should never drive again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No such thing as 155 mph safe on an open two lane road.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

155 mph isn't safe on any public road in the country. If you think it is you are over estimating your driving ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Zee germans might have something to say about that.

But with the level of irish driver training, anything over 20kph is not safe...

Never seen a parked car crash, and I've never heard of and irish accident hapening at these high speeds.

Law abiliding citizens seem to have no problem crashing below the speed limit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This guy need a good fooking hiding.
    That's all i'm going to say on this Thread.

cancan wrote: »
    Zee germans might have something to say about that.
    Not even in Germany can you drive at those kinds of speeds on a normal 2 lane road. If anything their speed limits on these types of roads is lower than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

How about this numpty?

Its basically outside my house.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M9hCC3-sALk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

What a f*cking moron

My thoughts exactly.

Looks like a yellow reg though so not much point sending it on to anyone I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

bigkev49 wrote: »
    How about this numpty?

Its basically outside my house.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M9hCC3-sALk

F**kin idiot. "People" like that should be banned from driving any type of vehicle FOR LIFE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

MarkR wrote: »
    155 mph isn't safe on any public road in the country. If you think it is you are over estimating your driving ability.
    You'll come in for a lot of criticism if you make comments about what is or isnt a safe speed for other people to drive at. Current thinking by many is that you, and you alone, should be able to decide what is a safe speed. If you keep at or below that, then you should not be penalised or criticised for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I've seen far worse driving on the roads. Yes there is a time and a place to be drifting the ass of your car all over the place, and a relativelty busy 2 lane road is not it, the messing is inappropiate yes but hardly justifies a call to arms! Maybe I'm looking at the wrong video? No surprize the guy was driving a toyota corolla twin cam though, they have been the offical messers cars since 1988!

You'll come in for a lot of criticism if you make comments about what is or isnt a safe speed for other people to drive at. Current thinking by many is that you, and you alone, should be able to decide what is a safe speed. If you keep at or below that, then you should not be penalised or criticised for doing it.

He's right though...............speeds like 155mph are only acceptable in one place............on racetracks, not bloody public roads. If that guy thought it was safe to drive at 155mph, he's a f**king MORON!!!!

Yawn. When we made those comments the words "common sense" were used, and the comments were directed at dual carriageways and motorways where the risk of head on collisions with vehicles travelling the other way are slim to none. 155 mph on a wet 2 lane road is stupid, and also dangerous driving so speed limits don't even need to come into it, yet you drag the debate down to your level.

As for the traffic corps comment:

He pointed out that the traffic corps had increased its activity in the Barnesmore Gap, which is a stretch of road that has a history of being used by racers, and that hundreds of motorists were being caught for speeding there.

I wonder how many of these people caught were slightly over the limit? Bet its a nice straight road too if it was used for illegal racing, meaning the traffic corps was doing what it does best, shooting fish in a barrel during daylight hours. :rolleyes:

astraboy wrote: »
    I've seen far worse driving on the roads.

Where? In what way could it be worse??

Even if fcukwits want to drift on the road I would prefer to see it on a deserted roundabout at 2am, not on the main Cork/Dublin road in daylight hours where numerous accidents have happened.

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Where? In what way could it be worse??

Even if fcukwits want to drift on the road I would prefer to see it on a deserted roundabout at 2am, not on the main Cork/Dublin road in daylight hours where numerous accidents have happened.

Around cork city all the time! Not to mention when I'm driving to West Cork and there is an idiot oblivious to all around them in front of you. Bad driving does not mean the person has to be going fast. Also, I bet the guy was farily clued into what his car can and cannot do, and I doubt it was the first time he hung the arse of it out. He probably knew what he was doing. Still no excuse for that behaviour on a public road at that time of the day, there are plenty of drifting days on in tracks if he wants to do that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

astraboy wrote: »
    Around cork city all the time! Not to mention when I'm driving to West Cork and there is an idiot oblivious to all around them in front of you. Bad driving does not mean the person has to be going fast. Also, I bet the guy was farily clued into what his car can and cannot do, and I doubt it was the first time he hung the arse of it out. He probably knew what he was doing. Still no excuse for that behaviour on a public road at that time of the day, there are plenty of drifting days on in tracks if he wants to do that sort of thing.

Exactly. That kind of thing should not be allowed to happen on public roads, where totally innocent people are put at risk.

I hope that video got him into trouble??

:mad:

Advertisement