Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhounds!

Options
  • 28-03-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hey - going to shelbourne tomorrow for a bit of a laugh & a night out.. Will be betting a total of 40squid - 5euro a race, not big money but hey, no point losing more!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a form guide before I go? I know i'm going to lose my 40quid but I wouldn't mind some chance!!! I do some betting on the dogs on BF but only because of tips/recent form - so I have a basic understanding...

(Any tips are welcome too)

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

ah! spent 25 mins on that site and I missed that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

James I dont know if you anything about the hounds but any Paul Hennessy trained dog is usually there abouts - worth keeping an eye on his runners and market moves for them

Cool, thanks for the tip - i've been looking at the race cards and he has 8 dogs running, i like the look of 2 of them...

Race card is here if anyone wants it; http://www.igb.ie/upload/RACECARDS/SPK290308RACECARD.PDF

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The only negative is that they may be short prices but you never know

I noticed from the card that the €85k Easter Cup heats start tomorrow night - they will be hot contests

One other tip - if you call it that- is that I always like to back dogs who can break quickly, shown as FAw on the form guide

• Advertisement

yeah, I was reading stats about that, something like 64% of dogs leading at the first bend will go on to win the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Also, keep an eye out for the differing prices between the TOTE and the bookmakers. A lot of the time there can be very nice difference. Also, if you see a dog at 20s or something don't let that put you off. They are only dogs and anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

off to the dogs in galway myself tonight after the connacht game so cheers raheny red and keano

DERRYMOYLE DAISY in the first at Galway fatgav - he is on the up I reckon

If anyone hears any shelbourne tips please feel free to drop them here...

• Advertisement

i was thinking the exact same thing keano. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

jameshayes wrote: »
    Hey - going to shelbourne tomorrow for a bit of a laugh & a night out.. Will be betting a total of 40squid - 5euro a race, not big money but hey, no point losing more!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a form guide before I go? I know i'm going to lose my 40quid but I wouldn't mind some chance!!! I do some betting on the dogs on BF but only because of tips/recent form - so I have a basic understanding...

(Any tips are welcome too)

Thanks a bunch!

Tipping

Better Race Card than IGB

Good Indicator For the Prices that will be on offer

Good Luck

sorry fatgav! he got bumped at the first going by the result

Something I've always wondered is why are children allowed bet on the Tote at dogs meetings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Manage to pick any winners after james? Would have tipped it had I been on, but an aunt of mine had a winner in the 3rd race, Baytown Bat.

Edit: Good point Raheny Red, never thought about that at all. I know it's fairly harmless €1 and €2 bets but if they're not allowed bet in a bookies are they allowed bet on track? Doubt it.

MarkOShea wrote: »
    Manage to pick any winners after james? Would have tipped it had I been on, but an aunt of mine had a winner in the 3rd race, Baytown Bat.

Edit: Good point Raheny Red, never thought about that at all. I know it's fairly harmless €1 and €2 bets but if they're not allowed bet in a bookies are they allowed bet on track? Doubt it.
    That is something I have always wondered too but I cannot imagine the Tote would be forthcoming with an answer!!

pretty much keano, ya. wasn't the fastest outta the traps, got pushed wide and that was that. c'est la vie.

MarkOShea wrote: »
    Good point Raheny Red, never thought about that at all. I know it's fairly harmless €1 and €2 bets but if they're not allowed bet in a bookies are they allowed bet on track? Doubt it.

Well the last time I was at the dogs, some time in Feb, one aul lad had his son running up and down putting the bets on and collecting the winnings. Though it wasn't just the odd euro or two. In some cases he was collecting fairly sizeable winnings. That can't be good for a child.

Advertisement