Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage payment certs.

• 28-03-2008 10:44am
    Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭

I see AIB have started to accept stage payment certs from only RIAI, IEI or ACEI members. The cartel has begun.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I see AIB have started to accept stage payment certs from only RIAI, IEI or ACEI members. The cartel has begun.
    :D
    It certainly has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Havent had that experience personally (yet) but I have heard of a couple of other guys who had been issuing certs for year having had theirs rejected by AIB. What I have noticed is that all the agencies or most of them now have a list of "acceptable" grades on their forms that you have to tick or refer to.

Does this warrant a dedicated thread?

It is going to affect a lot of people here.

Does this warrant a dedicated thread?

It is going to affect a lot of people here.
    Just had the same thought.

Go ahead and let rip with a new one

Following on from another thread and a post from syd... (thanks syd :D)
    sydthebeat wrote:

It would indeed appear that the RIAI have got their way. This is going to cause problems for an awful lot of people.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

First of all apologies as the posts are a wee bit mixed up here after I moved them from another thread.

I certainly dont agree with this notion that someone should be accredited to a particular group in order that they may issue various certificates. Its well known that even before the inception of the Building Regulations that the RIAI were lobbying the government to make it conditional that only their members could supervise and sign off on projects. Thankfully they didn't get their monopoly at that time but it now appears to be heading that way.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

According to a conversation with an official from the RIAI this morning the AIB are totally incorrect in this maneuver.
    The pilot scheme for the Technicial Assessment Procedure does not commence until 1st May 2008, even after which teh RIAI have to report back to teh government. The registration process could take months, which may include portfolio preparation, CV preparation, legal declarations, third party verification of documents etc....

So some pen pusher in some back room in AIB Ballsbridge thinks he can change an established system with no lead in time, and without any understanding of the process hes affecting.... typical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

muffler wrote: »
    First of all apologies as the posts are a wee bit mixed up here after I moved them from another thread.

I certainly dont agree with this notion that someone should be accredited to a particular group in order that they may issue various certificates. Its well known that even before the inception of the Building Regulations that the RIAI were lobbying the government to make it conditional that only their members could supervise and sign off on projects. Thankfully they didn't get their monopoly at that time but it now appears to be heading that way.

not entirely fair ... this was said in the context of the ( still continued ) foreseen lack of LA building control enforcement .

personally I would love to see us move towards the UK system where LA building control officers visit sites regularly and the RIAI Opinion on Compliance (as we know it now ) was buried

Advertisement