Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Challenge!!

Options
  • 28-03-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

8 wks to fit in2 d summer clothes and feel gud again :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Week 1 Measurements - Mon
    Inches
    Neck12.5Chest32Bicep 11.2Wrist 5.6Waist 34.5Hips 37.15Top of legs 22Knee 15.19Calf 12.8Body Weight 9st 10lbsHeight 5'7"

Exercise so far this wk, Tuesday pilates fit circle, Wednesday aerobics, Thursday, Total tone.

Main foods 4 dis wk,

Breakfast: Marks n Spencers porridge with actimel,

Lunch: Hot cup from Marks n Spencers low cal & Rice Cakes with melon.

Dinners: Mince meat with cous cous & veg& white choc for afters :)

Dinners: Mince meat with chick peas & veg & white choc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi Hayden, good first week on the training, you might think about changing the rice cakes for something else as they are high on the Glycemic index and have little or no nutrients. And try weaning out the white choc :eek:

Have a great week and good luck....

Thanx for d support :)

Ok il try leave out the white choc dis wk! Went to gym yesterday for an hour and will take my measurements again tonite.

So far today, had special k for breakfast and wrap & salad 4 lunch.

Dinner cous cous, red meat & veg.

Exercise: Total tone.

Weight last night was 9.11 so up 1lb from last week :( what the hell happened!!!

Breakfast this morning was porridge,
    Lunch wholemeal wrap with carrot, cucumber, lettuce and relish with 2 mandarins and some seeds and nuts.

Dinner will be cous cous with veg and chicken and soya sauce.

No exercise today as I have to go to a removal!

• Advertisement

I'm on my second week now and I'm really getting used to my non-sweet diet and exercise

Br- Special K & coffee.
    Lunch- Wholemeal wrap with lettuce, cucumber, carrot & relish & 2 corn cakes with 1 cup green tea.
    Dinner- Prawns, cous cous & veg.

Exercise aerobics, I am still sore from Monday nights class but I'm sure exercising more will help me loosen out!

I did feel better after d class but had 2 options white chocs after :D

I was absolutely starving today at work cant wait to get home for dinner!!!

Breakfast- porridge with actimel

Lunch- wrap with carrot, cucumber, lettuce and cuppa soup low cal

Dinner-veg, chickpeas, chicken

Exercise step n tone class.

Friday!!!

Brek, porridge

Lunch- wrap

Dinner sushi and pineapple for afters

fingers crossed dis wknd will b a gud 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

HI Hayden,
    I was absolutely starving today at work cant wait to get home for dinner!!!

Maybe if you add in some healthy snacks you would feel fuller for longer. I have been snacking on some protein and good fats ( Nuts/ Egg) all week and I have not felt hungry at all ! I actually would eat the leg of the table in work if I could only eat what you are eating ! :) This can also result in no budge on the scales or Bf% as your body will go into starvation mode !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Hayden* wrote: »
    Friday!!!

Brek, porridge

Lunch- wrap

Dinner sushi and pineapple for afters

fingers crossed dis wknd will b a gud 1 :D

You're severely undereating there Hayden. No wonder you're starving. You won't lose any fat doing that, in fact the opposite will be the case!

Am sure you know that, but just watch it! Linda K is spot on, protein is wondrous stuff. Keeps you full up for ages. In the morning just after I wake up I have a bowl of porridge plus a protein shake with water - I hadn't been having the shake for a good long while, but now that I'm having it again the difference is amazing. Without it I would be hungry an hour or so later, but with the shake+porridge I'm full up for an extra hour or so. The same is true when I eat say tuna with a couple slices of toast, versus bread and ham - I'm fuller for hours longer. That's the main reason the Atkins diet works imo - people simply consume less calories.

• Advertisement

Ok so its Friday and I haven’t posted all wk oops :D but I have been eating well healthy lunches and dinners ive been having wholemeal wraps toasted with salad and side of veg for dinner and I ave been eating chicken and ryvita with extra light cheese for lunch and hot cups. And of course my porridge for brek which I love J

Exercise wise well last wknd I joined a gym close to home so I will go there once every weekend im getting an induction on sat so hopefully will get a nice programme made out for myself and tues I did pilates fit circle, wed general aerobics and total tone yesterday.

I really miss my kickboxing I have bob at home so im gonna get out my gloves this evening and tear into him!! I find boxing to be the best work out!

I weighed myself this morning before breakfast and i was 9.9 yeah :D but I'm sick of using the digital scales! So i think I'll weigh myself every sat at the gym cos I know that scales has to be right! Last sat I was 61kg.

Protein Shakes?? What kind and where would I get these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ok so wknd is over again and i didnt too too bad although i did eat cake on fri and sat :eek: we were celebrating :rolleyes: but i went to the gym for an hr n a half on sat (30 mins cross trainer, 10 mins running, 5 mins rowing, 5 mins step, 50 reps on each machine and 500 skips) and i walked around killarney on sunday and went up torc waterfall and also did an hours walk when i got home so hopefully i burnt alot of the cake off!

I weighed myself at the gym again on sat and i was still 9st. 8lbs. gettin a bit sick of seeing that on the scales. Im getting a programme done up for me so ill follow that every sat from now on.

Cant do any exercise this evening but will do a step n tone class tomorrow general aerobics wed and total tone on thurs.

Went food shopping at lunch and on the menu for dinner is veg chick peas and chicken mmmmm :D

Ok so i thought i wouldnt be able to exercise last evening but i did i went for a 2 hr walk with a friend and legs are tired now :D alot of walking done in two days! so ill go to a pilates class this evening instead of step n tone.

Went into the health shop today and bought goji berries they're supposed to help "keep you going" they taste nice any ways so ill nibble away on them and i bought slender pro which ill be getting on friday so ill start that at the weekend :)

Ok so last night i did total tone class which was good enough but im getting a bit sick of doing the same ding dong so i think now since its supposed to be coming into the good weather!! ill look up some outdoor activities!! Like roller blading and just kicking around a football!! it all adds up :pac:

So this weekend i hope ill not overeat!! Ill have porridge for breakfast eggs and brown toast for lunch protein shake before workout tomorrow and then ill have pitta bread (wholemeal) with extra lean mince meat for dinner.

Fingers cross more food wont be added to that list :D

Ill try get in a walk aswell over the weekend probably sat evening or sun evening.

Ok its monday again. Went to the gym on sat and felt sick after my protein shake :( so havent had one since! Ill try one soon. I did 20mins cross trainer, 20 mins joggin on mill, 500 fast skips, 18 x 2 reps of machines. Went for a walk aswell sat evening and did 10 mins boxing on punching bag fri, sat n sun. Didn't do anything else on Sunday I needed a break. My body was a bit sore which is a good thing i suppose! My weight was 9.7 on sat at the gym. My measurements haven't changed or else i took them wrong first day!!!I hope! waist 35.5, knee 16, calf 14.1, thigh 22.5, wrist 5.5, arm 10.5.

So anyways total tone class is on d menu for tonight and tomorrow step n tone wednesday ill give it a break might go for walk and thursday total tone again.

I feel away better this week im noticing a change im fitting into my clothes better and its nice to know im doing good!! Monday i did total tone class, tues, step n tone which was really good! yesterday i went outdoors and played a bitta football and then tried a bit of running which i didnt last long at but i can build on it. This evening im going to total tone again ill take a break tomorrow evening and sat ill hit the gym.

Protein shakes are really nice but making me feel thirsty but they keep me going through the day so ill keep them up. Foodwise I have been having my usual porridge with actimel for break, lunch varies, rice cakes with tuna or soup. Dinners wholemeal wraps with carrots, lettuce & chicken with extra veg.

I am always sneaking in a sweet or two :o but I cant help it... and i want this diet for long term not short term so I think its better I can have one or two and stop :D

I feel bad i ate too much yesterday :( but its the start of the week again so Ill try hard before the long weekend.

Today, Breakfast: Special K, actimel, 11:00 Slender pro,
    Lunch: Wrap with chic & peppers.
    4:00 slender pro
    Dinner: Salmon with butternut squash, brocolli, carrot & asparagus.

Exercise: Total Tone class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Keep it up Hayden* - it's Week 6 - keep motivated :D Only 2 weeks to go!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Keep it up Hayden* - it's Week 6 - keep motivated :D Only 2 weeks to go!!!!

The point is to get in shape and maintain it going forwards, not let all the hard work slide!

thanks for the motivation :) I wont give up :)

So Monday I did total tone class and yesterday I did step n tone. I have been snacking on goji berries and dried fruit and nuts during the day and for dinner last night it was cajun chicken, chickpeas and veg mmmmm :)

I think Ill give exercise a miss this evening not feeling the best maybe ill go for a short walk for some fresh air.

Oh god the last 4 days were full of eating and no exercise :o feck anyway.

I wont let it stop me though ill start again today. Ill go to a class tonight and tomorrow night and eat healthy again.

I went shopping yesterday and the clothes i tried on and wanted to fit did so i was happy :) Im still going to concentrate on doing toning exercises rather than cardio i want to be toned not thin and flabby!!

I stopped taking my protein shakes also was way too thirsty after them so ill limit them to maybe 3 a wk.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

siochain wrote: »
    Hi Hayden, good first week on the training, you might think about changing the rice cakes for something else as they are high on the Glycemic index and have little or no nutrients. And try weaning out the white choc :eek:

Have a great week and good luck....

I didnt realise rice cakes were so unnutritious, i occasionally snack on turkey on rice cakes-should i switch to a wholewheal pitta or something???

And by the way can someone tell me do protein shakes really benifit in weight loss?

And by the way can someone tell me do protein shakes really benifit in weight loss?[/quote]

I stopped taking the protein shakes because they were making me so thirsty!! But ill go back on them slowly again. They taste lovely and keep you from feeling hungry.

I paid for not doing any exercise for a week at last nights class but it was good and i did 30 mins on the wii fit aswell :D im getting good at my hula hoops :D

I have been snacking alot on goji berries and for dessert this week ive been having frusli which is really nice especially since its warmer outside its better than having ice cream :)

Im glad its the start of a full week!! Im gonna do 3 classes this week and ill take a break for one day and play with the wii fit :D

I was playing it all wknd with my sister its great fun! but i cant see it actually helping to loose weight all your doing is swaying from side to side but ill try do the yoga more often on it and aswell everyday im going to take the body test so at least ill always be thinking of that when i feel tempted to eat extra at lunch etc.!

I went to the gym on saturday but only did bout 30 mins weights but im so sore after it so i guess i did some good. I had no motivation i did 5 mins cross trainer and 200 skips and then left! I did a few lunges myself at home though on friday night ill do a few sets of them myself now every eve and get my legs in better shape :D

So foodwise this week i think ill stick to wholemeal wraps and ill buy some fruit to snack on during the day to keep hunger away and for dinner ill have chicken or tuna. I had beef for dinner on sat thats my red meat intake for the week :)

From yesterday on Im starting a new approach to my health and fitness!!! So I went to weight watchers to see what foods Im eating that I shouldn’t be and Im following a 16 a day point system on my food and ill have 18+ the extra 2 a day I save at the weekends for treats etc. All veg is free from points so ill eat loads of it :D

So yesterday I had my 16 points and then went to the beach and walked for 1hr 45mins which wasn’t a fast walk or anything went over a few rocks and walked along a cliff it was lovely!! Tonight I’m going to do a class and then tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend Il’l have a break will probably go for a walk and do some rollerblading but nothing hard as I’m taking up kickboxing next week and don’t want to be sore from the gym!!

Hopefully Il’l lose a lb a week my goal is to lose 10 lbs and if I don’t lose lbs I don’t mind as long as the inches go!!!

Starting weight 9stone 11.5 lbs eek

Its Friday wohooooooo!!!!!

So far today ive used 9 points shoot so i have 7 left for dinner which isnt bad :)

Last night I did a total tone class and will probably be my last one for awhile.

So over the weekend im not gonna be eating everything around me im gonna follow my points and hopefully this well help the lb go for this wk!

• Advertisement

Y did i drink so much sat nite :o:eek:

Forget the wknd now im gonna concentrate on eating and exercising properly for the wk ahead. So I have been snacking on fruit at work orange melon and goji berries and for dinner tonight im going to have turkey rasher with butternut squash, carrots and an omlete.

Protein shake after work out.

Exercise for the day- total tone class which i think is very good all those lunges are working! :)

2 more days til weight in i hope there is a difference!

Advertisement