Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Darn TR Music test tomorrow...

Options
  • 28-03-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anybody got any info on it? how long is it? I have to travel from Kerry and am depending on trains...crrud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah I'm doing it too, I'm not quite sure how long it is, I've heard an hour(?) but don't take that for granted...
    Can't read music though so I don't really hold out too much hope :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

An hour! I doubt that very much...i found some sample papers of the past tests, and one section alone allowed 1 hour for it!
    oops.. I can read music, but really not hoping for much here. I think it's way out of my league since I've never done a grade in my life and I'm not dedicated to any one instrument you know... Pft! let's just do it anyways! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

There are sample papers available online. The aural paper is the most important, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

my friend just did it and said it was the most intense exam shes ever done...thankfully im more sciency than musicy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

x_Ashy_x wrote: »
    my friend just did it and said it was the most intense exam shes ever done...thankfully im more sciency than musicy
    I noted a few people around College today, who were doing the tests. I overheard some expressing approval with some part of it. I'm a TCD student, by the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Yip it was a bit nuts ... I couldnt concentrate in the exam hall, it was so pretty. Made me really want to go to trinity college.. but it also made me really not want to do Music too.
    The DIT architecture test was much more intense me thinks.

Advertisement