Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy traffic stats on Digiweb Metro?

Options
  • 28-03-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

I received an email from Support saying i exceeded the 30gb traffic limit and my connection will be restricted.
    Now, the stats page says 17gb traffic in the last 30 days, are the stats misleading?
    Anyone else notice any dodgy numbers with their stats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont put too much store in digwebs counter, sometimes it will go for 12 or 24 hours without registering anything! :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So its unreliable then?

I'm sure i didn't download over 30gbs in the last 24 hrs since it was last stated at 555MB!

I've fired off an email to them(on hold for an hr on the phone doesnt appeal to me), hope they reply as i've no faith in their email support services despite being with them since day 1 of Metro launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Watty may drop by later.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Hmmm, the stats page (which used to automatically show my stats) now asks for "site code" and mac. Perhaps they're fixing something!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I believe that there is a major upgrade happening at Gotham Central, maybe 3rd April, I think may only relate to Hosting customers though... Here at the Batcave (a secret location nowhere near Gotham) the Stats still do display, but mysterious gap at 1am approx , followed by burst of traffic at 3am approx and flatline since.

• Advertisement

Speaking of mysteries, its now nearly 7pm and the stats say my traffic is now 6.7gb as opposed to 17gb at 9am earlier!!

I did download last night starting at traffic total 555mb, maybe about 10gb traffic transferred stopping at around 9am to get the context.

On the phone to Digiweb around 4pm(yeh i eventually got the courage), they said the traffic stats are 36gb!!

Its bloody all over the place just like Batman and Robin! :D

So it's just me that is now being asked for MAC/Site code then (Metro user)? I really want to avoid climbing in to the attic to go find that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it's asking for mac /site it's unlikely to work if you type it in.

Call support. I had that once and it did not allow user login. It's an automated system.

Now this morning, mine is at 36.66gb traffic with zero activity bar minor web browsing since 9am yesterday so definite fault at Digiweb end

555mb->17gb->4.7gb->36.66gb in 30hrs with only 10gb of that swing accountable by myself, rest??! :)

That 666 must be a sign :D

Cheers Watty. I posted (using quick reply) yesterday to say that it had started working again a few hours after my last post above (only the post obviously didn't go through). I didn't have to change anything / contact support, so I assume it was just a temporary glitch

• Advertisement
Advertisement