Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with streaming media from website

Options
  • 28-03-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi,

im looking to collect about 4hour of audio and have it streaming online and looping kinda like a non live radio station.

ive checked online...there is one company that sell such a player (wimpy)whereby you upload it in either .asp or .php format to your site and link it to the mp3 folder with all your audio. then it will stream.

ive tried uploading both .php and .asp demo's of this player to my hosting365 server (im on the basic business 4 quid a month package). but nothing shows up when i view the page

a) do i need to activate something on my control panel with hosting365 for .asp or .php pages to work?

b) is there any way to stream large amounts of audio in a basic html page? maybe with a standard flash player?

any help would be much appreciated

kyle

Advertisement