Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nett price on Carzone

Options
  • 28-03-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Does it annoy anybody else that the prices on carzone for a some dealers - particularly one in Waterford always are minus some stupid 2k trade in allowance or some crap like that ?
    (i.e. the cars are being advertised at the wrong price)

I feel I should report them to Carzone but its probably pointless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ya had that a few times on carzone with the Audi dealer in Limerick spot a nice A4 go in and the price you get quoted is always the price on the net + 1K to 2K and they blame carzone or some web monkey.

Best one was a really nice a4 I wanted spec/price etc. Dropped down to take a look, it came in on the back of the truck while I was there. Sales guy said it was just coming back from a customer who got it as a loan car during a service. Which quikly tuned out to be a blown clutch on sub 12month old car. The sales guy then came down to the price on carzone..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

How about this one:

Price is 20500 on header and 21,500 incl trade in on body text?

Talk about making it confusing. Just list the sticker price and then worry about cash deals and trade in allowances.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A6/1.9-TDI/725296/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The ones I hate are the ones that list the price as POA. Whatever about on a Ferrari or whatever m but if you search for any standard car, corrolla for instance, theres always a good few POA's at the bottom, not even new ones, I've been looking at cars for the last few weeks, looking for a cheap 2nd car as I have the van for work. Medium family saloons around 1999-2001 and there are heaps of POA's. Do they think it's that much of a secret what they are looking for for an 8 year old car worth about 2-3k? :rolleyes:

Either way I skip right over POA's.

EDIT, just checked the Corrollas (purely because it was the first one that popped inot my head above) and there are 39 Corrolla's with POA between the years 98 and 01.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Stekelly wrote: »
    Either way I skip right over POA's.

Same here, or anything without pictures.

Went to buy see a Fiesta for 3750 advertised on carzone, and price in the window was 4250. Probably to rip off people who don't research beforehand. I had to remind the salesman of the asking price.

Cionád wrote: »
    Same here, or anything without pictures.

And me,

No price,
    No pictures,
    No mileage

No interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

prospect wrote: »
    And me,

No price,
    No pictures,
    No mileage

No interest.

On the mileage one, I notice a lot of people put in mileage of say 92, which I assume means 92000 miles but they want the car to come up when a search is done for low mileage cars. I dont appreciate people trying to trick me into looking at their car when I specifically try to weed it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Another one is when the advertised price is only the VRT that has to be added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

and to add to the list... cars being advertised at €4 instead of €4000 etc... skip right over them too

What a grumpy bunch we are...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

I agree.

Cars being sold with UK or NI plates and + VRT, should have that in the header/link, so that you can decide whether to look or not.

Also, I'm from Waterford and this scrappage thing is a major thing here, Bolands own most of the dealerships here and all their places do the scrappage deals, I don't have a problem as such with it but the car should be advertised/listed for the higher price not the lower.

Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

markymac wrote: »
    I agree.

Cars being sold with UK or NI plates and + VRT, should have that in the header/link, so that you can decide whether to look or not.

Not to mention that its illegal to bring a car in from the UK and sell it without the VRT being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Ya find it very annoying posting one price on the web and a different one on the forecourt. One SIMI car dealer near work here are always at it:

http://www.kingdomautopoint.com/view.asp?ID=2062#

http://www.kingdomautopoint.com/view.asp?ID=2325#

The difference in the web price used to be in the region or 2-3k on average.
    Lot of the stock are ex english cars. Quiet nice cars but the markup is pure robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Aye, any search I run on carzone will include a max mileage, and a €1000 min price, I'll then order the result hihest down, so I I do end up with silly mileages, they'll be way down out of my sight...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hate the nett price thing.

I also hate when the trim level of a car is incorrectly advertised. For example a Ford is being advertised as being a Zetec or Ghia model when in fact it is a basic LX, and there is a big photo of the rear of the car in the advert with the LX badge on it.

Or advertising cars with air con or alloy wheels when they blatently don't have them.

Advertisement