Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Renualt Clio 1.2 16v problems!!

Options
  • 28-03-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,

I just want to see if anyone can help me with my problem, My 01 Renault Clio 1.2 16v has being giving me problems for the last few months she judders and shakes, sometimes the engine management light comes on and recently the stop light flashes sometimes when she is running!!

I have had the spark plugs changed, the coil pack and the inlet manifold was cleaning out as it was full of oil!! I am hoping its not the ECU that needs replacing, also another problem i have heard of with renault clios is that the wiring becomes chaffed but this does not appear to be in my car. Any advice??

Kind Regards
    Diane :( :mad: :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

next door neighbout had similiar problems in his clio and it turned out dirty petrol had caused it, his car only shudder and would stall and sometimes wouldnt start though, none of the other symptoms your cars has

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sounds like it could be a MAP sensor problem. Common enough problem with Meganes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

For the OP, check out www.renaultforums.co.uk and go to the "ask the experts" tab.

A very useful website for any renault owner. God knows we need it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Hi there,

I just want to see if anyone can help me with my problem, My 01 Renault Clio 1.2 16v has being giving me problems for the last few months she judders and shakes, sometimes the engine management light comes on and recently the stop light flashes sometimes when she is running!!

I have had the spark plugs changed, the coil pack and the inlet manifold was cleaning out as it was full of oil!! I am hoping its not the ECU that needs replacing, also another problem i have heard of with renault clios is that the wiring becomes chaffed but this does not appear to be in my car. Any advice??

Kind Regards
    Diane :( :mad: :(

When you say coil pack - do you mean 1, or all 4? All petrol Renaults have coil problems, and the best advice is to change all 4 together.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

put a match to it and put it down to a bad experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dianecarey07

galwaytt wrote: »
    When you say coil pack - do you mean 1, or all 4? All petrol Renaults have coil problems, and the best advice is to change all 4 together.

The coil pack is just 1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dianecarey07

Bearcat wrote: »
    put a match to it and put it down to a bad experience.

Now i cant afford to do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

It sounds like the coil pack is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The coil pack is just 1!!

not familiar with Clio's, but our Renault 1.4 had 4 coils..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Get the wiring checked where it comes out of the ecu.

Possibly a coil pack or injectors give a bit of trouble but coil packs would be more common.

Get it sorted asap if there is a miss in the engine it means you have raw petrol goin down the exaust which could damage the cat if not sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement