Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Networking PC & 360

• 28-03-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Howdy, I've been tryin to network my Xbox with my PC. I've got a prewired house with Magnet Cat V cables. I've a newish Dell PC with standard software etc etc.
    Anyway, my PC will detect the Xbox when they are both plugged in, however when I try to sync them I get an error saying that my firwall is preventing them from sysncing. I get a link to the Xbox site which tells me what I need to do to my McAfee firwall, ie disabling and opening ports etc etc. The problem is, some of the things they ask me to do - I cannot find them on my version of the firewall.

I'm not very technically minded so I was wondering if anyon knows how I could get round this. I dont want to comletely disable my firewall on my PC.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

You could always just disable the firewall while syncing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Do you have them linked direct Rainy or are they linked via a router / switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

eh, Apologies if I sound stupid...

My house was prewired with Cat V's in every room. These points all go back to the hallway, to a little box and are plugged in there. Is this the router? Like I say, I'm pretty useless at computer thingies...

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

It may be that your little box is hardware firwalled and is blocking the xbox to pc link.

Maybe, ...? ... .. .see if you can get a Brand and model number off of the box and someone might know more or shed some more light for ya.

V.impressed though, pre wired cat5 abode! :D

The rest off us plebs have wireless and self crimped 20m cat 5 cables selotaped around the tops of the door ways and skirting board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Go to your main computer, right click on the firewall mcafee icon and disable it. Then try sync, if it does not work then you are firewalled somewhere else. This is unlikely though as there is no real need for a internal firewall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

I'll try this this evening so.
    Think the problem is with the McAfee firewall on the PC.
    If I disable the firewall and connect, will I be able to re-enable the firewall again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Rainyface wrote: »
    I'll try this this evening so.
    Think the problem is with the McAfee firewall on the PC.
    If I disable the firewall and connect, will I be able to re-enable the firewall again?

You can re-enable the firewall, its just to identify the cause of the problem. When you re-enable you should experience the same problems.

Advertisement