Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Microsoft points online

• 28-03-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Xbox Microsoft points

Hi guys is it safe to buy xbox points online?? (will they work)

They seem so much cheaper online in the likes of eBay.

Has anyone purchased from there or do they have any recommendations of a reputable reliable site??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You need to be careful, they are region locked - US Points won't work over here.
    If it says the points are for a European or UK system, then it should be OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

They are cheaper to buy online too. I'm planning to get some of eBay this weekend for the new COD4 maps due next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

silvine wrote: »
    They are cheaper to buy online too. I'm planning to get some of eBay this weekend for the new COD4 maps due next week :D

thats the whole reason i want to buy them SNAP! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I use https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ Cheap, quick and never gives me any problems. ebay is cheaper for xbox live subscriptions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

If your getting them off Ebay man just make sure the sellers feedback is pretty high and that they've sold plenty off MS points before.

Also use paypal, it has some major protection if the iotme isn't what it's supposed to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I use https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ Cheap, quick and never gives me any problems. ebay is cheaper for xbox live subscriptions though.

€21 for 4200 points? that's a bargain! Nunian, are they safe to use? Do they just email you the code after payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

€21 for 4200 points? that's a bargain! Nunian, are they safe to use? Do they just email you the code after payment?
    Ehh..it's £33..howd ya figure €21 from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Wheres that on the site???

I only see 4200 points for £33.96

King Nothing-

SHOW AND TELL PLEASE!

What way are the points priced on xbox live?
    its been a while since i bought them.

• Advertisement

My apologies guys... I read it as dollars............ :o and to think I got my hopes up too! How much are they on Ebay?

If you buy em on the xbox itself or on xbox.com with a CC they're as follows.

€6.00 - 500

€12.00 - 1000

€24.00 - 2000

€60.00 - 5000

So 21e for 2100 points isn’t that bad anything better out there???.

im a bit weary about getting codes from America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Zavvi have 2100 points for £15 online.

Thats pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

is postage extra for this on zavvi?

Nunian, are they safe to use? Do they just email you the code after payment?

Yeah they email you the code pretty sharpish once the transaction goes through. Been using them a few months, no probs and they give you a few payment options, Google Cart or Paypal I think.
    wrote:
    is postage extra for this on zavvi?

Postage is free. I just checked it out. Doesn't make much sense from their point of view: £15 for 2100 and so 2x2100=4200 for £30 whilst they're selling 4200 on its own for £35 :confused:

Ah well guess we'd better take advantage of it then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Are you sure it is free cos I thought UK only is free?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Are you sure it is free cos I thought UK only is free?

I don't need any points at the moment but I filled in my address, details and all, order was totalled up and all i needed to do was put in the credit card info and delivery was still free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Just bought 2100 points from this guy (UK based) for STG£16.75 (€21.14) - beats paying zavvi £2 postage - and I got the top up code emailed to me very quickly.

(BTW - bought them to get Bomberman Live! Fekkin addictive it is...:))

(Update: He seems to be sold out of all points now! He had 10 codes this morning :rolleyes: - anyhoo - it backs up what the previous posters were saying about eBay being a good place to get your Xbox Points.)

• Advertisement

eBay FTW! :D

I want Bomberman too! Xbox and website refuses to take my credit card (use it all the time online never any problem). Treble checked address, codes etc all correct. Rang Microsoft, zero help. Their advice:

Use a friend's credit card and give him the money!

Its a pTSB visa btw. Anyone else have any probs??

I have paid for points via CC over Xbox live and have had no problems.
    AIB card. Maybe XBox Live is country restricted? If you are in Ireland you can only use Irish CC's, to prevent fraud etc?

Figured it out. The billing address when I set up the XBOX was being used instead of the one being filled out on the CC details page. It seems you can type them in here but they are ignored in favour of the original details. There is no notification that this is happening but it is. Anyway Bomberman in on the way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

It says they verify your address 1st by post. how long does that take?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Yeah I saw that too last night. Decided just to buy em off ebay!

Scruff wrote: »
    It says they verify your address 1st by post. how long does that take?

Sorry I forgot about that. Letter arrived within 2 or 3 days. Emailpost or something. Its just a code that you input on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

wingnut wrote: »
    I want Bomberman too! Xbox and website refuses to take my credit card (use it all the time online never any problem). Treble checked address, codes etc all correct. Rang Microsoft, zero help. Their advice:

Use a friend's credit card and give him the money!

Its a pTSB visa btw. Anyone else have any probs??

Live will take my card(s) but refuses to let me buy any points online. All I get is a status code back. Rang MS and they have no idea whats going on!

I bought some points last night through Live via CC and no probs then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I bought some points last night through Live via CC and no probs then
    Ditto, no probs.

Advertisement