Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Microsoft points online

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Yeah, something is screwed up with my account and MS. Havnt been able to buy points for about 4-5 months on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought both my live subscription and some ms points from a polish guy on ebay, no problems whatsoever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

voxpop wrote: »
    Yeah, something is screwed up with my account and MS. Havnt been able to buy points for about 4-5 months on Live.

Stick the status code into google and see if anyone else ahs the problem.

Or buy retail 2100 / 4200 points... .. .for full price though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    Stick the status code into google and see if anyone else ahs the problem.

Yeah did that - seems that MS stopped a load of accounts from purchasing anything on Live due to a mismatch in CC details and those on Live. The mismatch can be something like phone number seemingly. Suggestions on the net are to either create a new live account or some guy got through to 2nd or 3rd tier support and they were able to unlock his account.
    Normal MS support say there is nothing wrong with my account and it all looks good:rolleyes:

Just found this which explains the problem or is similar anyway - although my card isnt set to expire
    there seems to be a serious glitch with Live, i know as i'm currently reaping the benefits.

basically, if you have credit card details stored with M$ and its set to expire, you run the risk of your gamertag being corrupted.

my credit card expired this month, sadly so did my gold account, so i logged on last night and i'm downgraded to silver. not a problem thought i, i'll just update the credit card as now its expired i can use the new one (as per bank instructions of not using new til old is expired). upgrade to gold, aaaaaaand...

"Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status Code: 80169d94"

perhaps it takes time for the ammended details to propogate thru their servers, no problem, i'll try in the morning.

"Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status Code: 80169d94"

so mebbe i put the details in wrong, double check, nope they are ok.
    i know, i'll try the wifes card.

hmmmmm, lets search t'internet and see if anyone else has this problem...

loads, and whats worse is M$ can't or won't sort it.

if your card expires a few days after you upgrade/purchase you'll suffer the same fate, they block your account.
    it seems the only solution is to abandon your gamertag, and start again, thus losing any info with your old tag, which includes all acheivement points, live downloads, and microsoft points ( i currently have about 4400 )

apparently if you can manage to get past tier 1 support to tier 2, they might offer you 5000 m$ points as compo, but it seems altho they have the power to block or cancel accounts, they cannot re-instate them.

some people have said deleting all other accounts on their box will allow them to once more upgrade theirs, this has not worked for me.

so looks like i'm stuck with silver membership now, unless they find a solution, which from what i read is doubtfull.

you've been warned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Holy **** Batman! :eek:

So you can lose your whole a/c cos they have some technical problem at their end!

Man i'd be pissed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Stephen wrote: »
    I bought both my live subscription and some ms points from a polish guy on ebay, no problems whatsoever :)

Could someone post a link to the polish guy that sells the subs and points

Advertisement