Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone else suffer from this?

• 28-03-2008 2:00pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

My bf thinks i am completely insane.

I cant bear bones touching bones. eg when i am in bed, i have to move myself into a position where my ankle bones and knee bones dont touch.

Also i have to have the duvet under my chin so my jaw bone and shoulder bone dont touch off each other.

Its is really stressful when my OH stays over i completely freak out if his ankle bones touch mine arrrghghh

i dont even like talking about it :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    Yes, but not for the reasons below :D

*clicks jaw*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jaysus..the bf must be pretty understanding about you not liking bones :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DesF wrote: »
    Yes, but not for the reasons below :D

*clicks jaw*

stop that, you :mad: and i think it should be for reasons above
    kaimera wrote: »
    Jaysus..the bf must be pretty understanding about you not liking bones :/

:D:D yes, he is cos he isnt getting any until he marrys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm kind of the same as you but is it really a phobia or is it just a discomfort? Personally I don't like my knees or ankles knocking off each other when I'm in bed but I wouldn't describe it as a phobia, just something I don't particularly like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The ankle thing I can definitely understand. It's the horrible clicking noise of bone on bone. I think it makes people think about having accidents and breaking bones and things. As above, it doesn't freak me out like tomatoes do (shudder) but it is unpleasant.

and boys, behave yourselves - less of the innuendo please. We all know bone is a funny word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

wow thats mad

so what do u just lie on your back at night each night?

im forever cracking my knuckles so you'd probably go mad with me

i got a question
    if your saving sex for marriage .. how are you gonna put up with him if u dont like the whole limbs rubbing off eachother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I am not sure why you think your B/F should put up with this..
    Personally, you should seek treatment !

And as for the other thing, would you buy a car without test driving it..
    It may seem like a great idea, even cool, but what happens if you are not sexually compatible ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

Every BF thinks his GF is completely insane I wouldn't worry about that part anways!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

I cant bear bones touching bones. eg when i am in bed, i have to move myself into a position where my ankle bones and knee bones dont touch.

Also i have to have the duvet under my chin so my jaw bone and shoulder bone dont touch off each other.

Its is really stressful when my OH stays over i completely freak out if his ankle bones touch mine arrrghghh

i dont even like talking about it :(

Quick question how are you with touching elbows or ankles off inanimate objects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

I dont' think thats a phobia - its like nails down a blackboard screeching sound kind of thing, or cracking knuckles etc, those kind of noises, make your skin crawl kind of thing. Maybe you should put on loads of weight and see if the extra padding helps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement