Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator cabinets, how to attach to wall?

Options
  • 28-03-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering how the cheap radiator cabinets on sale in Woodies etc are supposed to be attached to the wall? Are there special brackets of some sort?

The reason I ask is that I have done radiator cabinets.. but I tend to use hinged doors on them so there is access to the valves and knobs etc. As per this link

http://www.eccabinets.com/ExternallyLinked/custom-bookshelves.jpg

I have a few people who want them but they don't want to pay a lot... so I want to just make a fixed frame with a grille... but then I won't be able to attach using brackets inside the cabinet because of no access. So what to do?

I could use brackets outside the cabinets.. I'd use corner blocks or modesty blocks from Hafele which would be the most attractive but they are still outside the cabinet.. is this normal for radiator cabinets?

Actually, while writing this I realised I could use brackets similar to bed fittings.. so they would be inside the cabinet and the cabinet would be placed on them and pushed DOWN onto the bracket to fix.. is this how the cheapo ones are done? It would be fairly difficult to mark it out but it should just be possible....

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

There are brackets provided, a reciever bracket is fixed to the wall and the one attached to the cabinet sits into it,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I suppose you could use magnetic cabinet catches, or maybe the old style nylon roller friction catch. They definitely dont come any cheaper, and would be very forgiving in the fitting,

kadman

Advertisement