Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positioning footer text

Options
  • 28-03-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have a footer at the bottom of one of my cells on my webpage. When there is not enough text on the page the footer naturally raises up.

Anyone know by css or otherwise how to keep the footer text at the bottom of the cell with the normal text aligned to the top?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You should be able to use min-height: ???px; for the main part of your page to keep the footer that distance below on every page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Axwell wrote: »
    You should be able to use min-height: ???px; for the main part of your page to keep the footer that distance below on every page.

min-height won't work in IE6 :(

OP : Not really too sure what your problem is here. Could you post a link to your page, or post some of the code here?

Do you want your footer fixed at the bottom of screen, regardless of content? If so look into position : fixed; bottom : 0px; for your footer div.. and you'd want to set padding-bottom to whatever height the footer is in your BODY element (i.e. body { padding-bottom : 100px; } )

OR... If you've got a left or right floated column that the footer div is rising above, then add clear : right;, clear : left; or clear : both; to the footer div.

Advertisement