Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gasworks

Options
  • 28-03-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the gasworks pub on Grand Canal Street. Is it a decent place for a few afterworks beers?

I heard it is a bit rough, is this right?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was there two christmases ago, i have to say i wouldnt be heading back in a hurry but some of work lot are heading there tonight after work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

irishbird wrote: »
    i was there two christmases ago, i have to say i wouldnt be heading back in a hurry but some of work lot are heading there tonight after work

They may bump into a fat English bloke then:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

They may bump into a fat English bloke then:D

er.....fat english blokes leaving do actually - OMG, do you work with me

Simon is that you ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

irishbird wrote: »
    er.....fat english blokes leaving do actually - OMG, do you work with me

Simon is that you ???????

wow, talk about coincidence...no:D

it is my leaving do though:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I've been in it a few times, but not a regular. I wouldn't of thought it as a bit 'rough' though i've only ever been in there at the off-peak.(mostly the odd Sun evening meal or midweek pint:D)
    The crowd at those times have been mostly touristy(as there is hotel adjoined to it) and a few locals.
    Just watch out for the pub food, its nice but a bit pricey for what you get than other pubs but still manageable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement