Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just because someone sells it...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

I work in Maplin, and we sell 2m/Marine Band stuff. Many young guys come in and try to buy them because they look cooler than the CBs...I'll point blank refuse to sell them unless you come up with a license. Apparently the same thing happened at the Galway rally recently, where there was any old sod pottering in and subsequently cluttering up licensed bandwidth.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good for you.

Mention to management that the 5.8GHz Video senders are illegal because no CE approval and Comreg only allows analogue video senders licence free on 2.4GHz.

I've seen the marine but not any 2m gear in Blanch, Cork or Limerick stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

I'll have a mention, but I think there is an adage of urinating into a force 9 gale.....and I've only ever seen the 2m stuff in the catalogue, nobody has yet ordered a rig, only guttermounts etc, for which it's quite handy if you're stuck :D. Little CB SWR meter...about E15!

I had a guy come in looking for a CB, and when I asked what modulation he plans to use..."the one to talk to my mate!".

OK...1...2..3..breathe.

I'm going to console myself by building my own airgap caps now.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 43 delma_s

is someone has to borrow a SWR meter in co.cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

....I'll point blank refuse...
    L

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

watty wrote: »

OfCom ''fighting them in the fields and on the streets''

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Delma_s, please start a new thread if required, this one is 4 years old, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement