Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What supplements do you take?

• 28-03-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Recently I have been increasing the amount of supplements I've been taking. Currently I am taking Cod liver oil, Glucosamine sulphate, Zinc, Iron and Vitamin C. I am also considering glutamine. I was wondering what supplements, if any, do the rest of you take and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Hello,

I've always been taking glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate. (most importantly for running) Also take multi-vitamins (Sona). Make sure to take iron tablets (Ferrous something…) and often take omega 3-6 oil tablets when low week on fish.

Lizanne

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭theflash800

A bit of vitamin C to stop colds and stuff... thats really it.. every so often ill take some fish oil tablets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Vitamin C with zinc to hold off colds and sometimes magnesium if I have trouble getting to sleep because my legs are restless from overtraining.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Recently i've started taking Glucosamine sulphate as i have had a lot of pain in one of my knees. It was runners knee but thats all i'm taking. Anyone think i could be taking anything else to help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well i'm jsut on Vit C and usually only duirng the winter, Should i really be taking Glucosamine sulphate ? What does this help with , training has been going really slow for me , lost 5 kg in the last 6 week but still only upto about 5 mile , the Bupa on sunday will be my longest run in 6 years... how bad is that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Glucosamine helps to build cartilage. It's not going to help your performance unless it's knee pain that's holding you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well thats exactly whats holding me back, So i'll be testing this out to see how good it is, have stiff knee after a lot of training .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Stark wrote: »
    Vitamin C with zinc to hold off colds and sometimes magnesium if I have trouble getting to sleep because my legs are restless from overtraining.

does magnesium work for the restless legs? I suffer from the same thing but not always due to over-training (actually I am certainly not at risk of over-training these days:D)

I just take Eskimo Oil...dunno if they are really doing much!

Advertisement