Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What supplements do you take?

• 28-03-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Recently I have been increasing the amount of supplements I've been taking. Currently I am taking Cod liver oil, Glucosamine sulphate, Zinc, Iron and Vitamin C. I am also considering glutamine. I was wondering what supplements, if any, do the rest of you take and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i take a multi vitamin with ginseng, vitamin c, and glucosamine with omega-3 and chondroitin
    all my training consists of is running with maybe one day a week of cross training , bike/swim so i think im fairly well covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I don't take anything...

As a veggie I used to worry about protein so I went through a phase of having protein shakes but they didn't seem to have any effect (they were no great shakes boom-tish!) If I feel a cold coming on I'll take a vit-C supplement but other than that I'm not convinced that supplements do any good. If you eat a well balanced diet with enough fresh fruit and veg then you should have plenty of all of the relevant vitamins and minerals. Your body can't store most of them so any excess you take on board just becomes "expensive urine"

The flip side is that if you believe that they help then not taking them might affect you and they certainly won't do you any harm

Advertisement