Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car used as trade-in

Options
  • 28-03-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

hi

I'm going to use my car as a trade-in and looking for some information,
    are the dealers checking the car? and if so, what are they going to check and how long would it take? I will be going places to swap my old car and I don't know how much time would I be spending when dealer will be checkin it

all info appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Generally depends where and what you are trading, i.e. if you go to a main dealer and have a fairly new low mileage they will prob sell it themselves and give you a quote pretty quickly, if not they will generally ring round to see what they can offload it to 'within the trade' i.e. other garages

in my experience allow anything from 20 mins to an hour, although in many cases they will take the details and tell you they will call you back the following day etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My friend traded old car in at a dealers and the mechanic just took it for a quick spin, opened bonnet and checked all the electrics. Pretty much the same as you yourself would if you bought a second hand car. Perhaps 10-15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

I've visited 9 dealers of 3 different marks(?) in the past two weeks with a view to trading in a 01 reg against a new/exdemo car. Inspection of my car varied from a very quick walk around from most - with a check on tax & NCT disks, looking down side for damaged panels, additional specs such as front fogs etc

One sales person took my car for a test drive and one garage took my car into their maintenance area for their mechanic to check it out while I test drove their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

marks(?)
    Marques.

Carry on...

Advertisement