Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can 360 read usb memory stick

• 28-03-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Well the question is in the title, cause my 360 refuses to read any usb memory stick I have tried with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Benzino wrote: »
    Well the question is in the title, cause my 360 refuses to read any usb memory stick I have tried with it.

Mine works fine with most usb pen drives, usb hard drives, etc.

What content are you trying to view on the drive?
    Why type of drive is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

lafors wrote: »
    What content are you trying to view on the drive?
    Why type of drive is it?

1 - Im trying to view videos mostly, however I can't even browse it, I mean nothing pops up to tell me there is a drive connected, nor can I find anywhere to browse the contents of it.

2 - it's one of these, except it's 2GB.

It works fine on my ps3 and laptop, so it can't have anything to do with the drive itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was just using one last night for video. Put it in, go to the video selection screen. Your box is possibly defaulted to console content. If you look at the bottom of the video screen, one of the controller buttons (its either X or Y) will give you the option to change video source / select device or something like that. You can then change between HDD, portable devices, computers, CDs etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

aha, excellent, thanks very much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Apparently for a long time (Launch --> iPod touch launch) MS prided themselves in saying something short of "xbox is compatible and P&P w/any usb media device".

The iPod touch was the 1st thing that wouldn't work with it! :rolleyes:

There is a media file / codec update that you can DL off the marketplace but it escapes me as to where it's located or how it pops up automatically when you try to play certain media types. You should try get that onto the HDD.

I was suprised when it was able to play the media off my Sony Ericsson k850i, very rockin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Doesn't work with my Archo's player :(

Which is weird BTW because the archo's works as a mass storage device in Windows, that's how you put music on the bloody thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

brim4brim wrote: »
    Doesn't work with my Archo's player :(

Which is weird BTW because the archo's works as a mass storage device in Windows, that's how you put music on the bloody thing.

Could be formatted as NTFS instead of FAT32?
    Open my computer, right click on the drive and go to properties... it should tell you there.

Afaik NTFS is still unsupported, despite being created by MS' in the first place:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

tman wrote: »
    Could be formatted as NTFS instead of FAT32?
    Open my computer, right click on the drive and go to properties... it should tell you there.

Afaik NTFS is still unsupported, despite being created by MS' in the first place:rolleyes:
    Interesting... I was wondering why my external hard drives came formatted with FAT32. Figured it was something to do with broader compatibility, but couldn't think why as most OS's, (unix and MS alike) can read NTFS. I'm kind of sorry now I reformatted them both as NTFS. The reason I did in the first place was the fact that as FAT32 I couldn't copy any file greater than 4GB to it.

Advertisement