Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol & Diesel 112.9

• 28-03-2008 7:31pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Filled up at a Topaz oil in Portlaoise yesterday. Same price for petrol and diesel. Not bad considering I saw diesel in Limerick today at 131.9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Cheapest place in Limerick is usually AppleGreen in Corbally (Clare side just over the bridge.) I'm not sure what it is now but it was about 113.9 a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

The Topaz filling station only opened about 3 weeks ago. So not sure if these are introductory prices. I'm sure they'll start moving upwards in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If heading out to the AppleGreen in Corbally avoid the station on the way out there (coming from the city). They advertise a normal and premium price and the normal is usually advertised as being very cheap but rather suspiciously every time i've pulled in there to fill up the normal pumps are locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i filled in topaz yesterday, and yet it was the most expensive fill ive ever had, 60 of diesel, car must have been really dry but it didnt appear to be. anyhow...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

111.9 for both petrol and diesel in Tesco in Waterford. Plus theres a further 5c discount per litre when you spend €50 in the supermarket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Diesel has hit 130 in Dundalk, but I smell its a rip off for NI customers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Was in Tyrone last week - saw a garage looking for £1.26 STERLING per litre!!

Looks like prices will hover at current levels for next couple of weeks. And they may start dropping, especially if its confirmed that the USA is in recession!

And we can't blame the garages - they make more profit from a sandwich & Coke than from a €50 fill of fuel!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    111.9 for both petrol and diesel in Tesco in Waterford. Plus theres a further 5c discount per litre when you spend €50 in the supermarket

Yep same in Tesco in Arklow, good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Wouldnt mind a sticky on this that people post what they see as good petrol prices in their area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

MDTyKe wrote: »
    Diesel has hit 130 in Dundalk, but I smell its a rip off for NI customers..

Precisely.

Seems that as far south as Drogheda and west as Ardee, prices are about 8-10c higher than when you head further S or W.
    Cheapest I can find petrol for in the NE is €1.19/lt (Burmah, Dublin Rd Dundalk, across from hospital) and even their diesel price is around 1.24.
    Stations must be making a packet on the border...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yep, agreed or maybe the sticky should be in the motoring section. NOw that IrishFuelPrices.com are gone it's badly needed. The AA monitor fuel prices too and put them on their site, but they show the average price, not the cheapest available within each county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

chris85 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind a sticky on this that people post what they see as good petrol prices in their area.

Don't forget to check (and update) www.pumps.ie - Haven't been on it a while myself - this thread reminded me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The petrol station in Donabate is selling unleaded for 114.9 cent per litre. Not bad price considering the other stations round the area are charging 119.9 upwards for a litre of unleaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Don't forget to check (and update) www.pumps.ie - Haven't been on it a while myself - this thread reminded me! :rolleyes:

cheers never seen that site before, bit of a lack of stations though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

love to give ye a cheap price in galway city but they're all in or around 121.9. feeling absolutely ripped off.putting it down to the decreasing amount of stations around town, so theres a lack of competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Diesel in Tesco's Clonmel 111.9/l and petrol there and in one of two Clonmel Garages 113.9/l :)
    Urlingford/Portarlington petrol 113.9 in a few garages, cozy cartel in operation down here in Cork :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Don't be fooled into thinking prices will come down....oil is on the up and up and is expected to continue towards $200 :(:(:(...unfortunately anyone who says otherwise is either a politican, estate agent or banker (only joking) :rolleyes:

Tesco and applegreen in Arklow are both 111.9 for both petrol and diesel
    Thats 106.9 with the tesco 5c voucher when you spend the €50 or more.

Tesco New Ross is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm in Saudi Arabia this week and I see that petrol per liter is 9c (€0.09). Yes, that's €7.50 per tank of 70l...

The petrol was 20c 8 months ago, but with the Opec cartel increasing prices so much, the Saudi government can afford to more than half the price of petrol.

People don't pay tax here either...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

lynch mob for the above anyone?:p will you send me a barrell of petrol? i'll give you 50c/litre inc delivary!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

bogman wrote: »
    Diesel in Tesco's Clonmel 111.9/l and petrol there and in one of two Clonmel Garages 113.9/l :)

It might be worth my while to drive from Mitchelstown to Clonmel for the diesel alone the way its going here.

Amber oil gives diesel at the moment 119.9 - 2 miles outside Fermoy on the Glanworth road, and are generally cheaper than the local competition by about 5 cent.

Pumps.ie is a nice site - never saw it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I'm in Saudi Arabia this week and I see that petrol per liter is 9c (€0.09). Yes, that's €7.50 per tank of 70l...

The petrol was 20c 8 months ago, but with the Opec cartel increasing prices so much, the Saudi government can afford to more than half the price of petrol.

People don't pay tax here either...!

Just shows ye what the robbers in the Dail/Revenue are getting.... and what do we get for the tax???? - not even a half decent health service, and a corrupt taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

BarryM wrote: »
    Just shows ye what the robbers in the Dail/Revenue are getting.... and what do we get for the tax???? - not even a half decent health service, and a corrupt taoiseach.

Come on now,
    The Money was Resting in his account :D

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Come on now,
    The Money was Resting in his account :D

Oh, of course, how remiss of me to miss that important point. I must read the transcripts more carefully..... trouble is, reading the transcripts sends me to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

chris85 wrote: »

We are adding this functionality to our site (www.bestgarages.ie) as we speak! For the moment though you can also recommend the garages supplying the best value in petrol, just search by 'petrol station' ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

+1 for the sticky.

Anyone know where the best petrol prices around maynooth/nass are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cbyrne wrote: »
    We are adding this functionality to our site (www.bestgarages.ie) as we speak! For the moment though you can also recommend the garages supplying the best value in petrol, just search by 'petrol station' ;)

I think you should have another look at you site. Not functioning at all for me. Only getting the home page:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭jawlie

cbyrne wrote: »

Yet another shameless plug for cbyrnes website....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

It was only a resonse to earlier comments on a similiar sites which have been referenced on the thread.

Kristopherous - site seems to be ok, must have been a blip or something!

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    +1 for the sticky.

Anyone know where the best petrol prices around maynooth/nass are?

maynooth will always be at the lower end of prices due to tesco being in the town.

Bad news is diesel has hit record high on the trading market, so expect 5c increase next Tuesday and about 3c on petrol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Cheapest price in galway and surrounding areas is 119.9 in grealish in carnmore.
    I wonder if tesco will ever bring the pumps to galway.
    What a huge saving that would be......sigh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bambaata

mcaul wrote: »
    Bad news is diesel has hit record high on the trading market, so expect 5c increase next Tuesday and about 3c on petrol!

Thanks for the info, I'll fill up on Saturday or Sunday so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

€1.20 a litre in Tinney's, Bonagee Letterkenny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Aquos76 wrote: »

same price in Tesco arklow and the apple green station up the road alos charges 111.9. Haven't been home in ages but a new tesco filling station opened in wexford and have been told its 111.9 for both petrol and diesel too

Tesco have increased their prices - now 119.9 / 120.9 petrol / diesel in dundrum

• Advertisement

Petroll 117.9 in Skibbereen (if you are that far....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

make this topic a sticky.....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

mcaul wrote: »
    Tesco have increased their prices - now 119.9 / 120.9 petrol / diesel in dundrum
    Tesco charge different prices in different locations. Maynooth was 118.9 for petrol yesterday, diesel 1c more.

Tesco Dundrum seems to be the dearest of them all, with New Ross being among the cheapest (always 2c cheaper than Maynooth).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Petrol 117,9/l Charleville today, Diesel 119.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Just passed Topaz yesterday in Portlaoise and the petrol/diesel prices were up to 119.9

• Advertisement
Advertisement