Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mvp

• 28-03-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Lotta chitter chatter bout dis 1 ri here prob wit d competition dis year

LBJ is gettin mine. Who's urs?

2 excitin 2 watch and as good as any player if not better alive. Made Finals last year. True Cavs wont seed higher than 3 r 4 east but witou him theyd b d Cleveland Cronies!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

D ur in nap mo eh q r u

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

opr wrote: »
    D ur in nap mo eh q r u

Opr

My apologies good sir OPR,

My text talk translated = Who is your candidate for Most Valuable Player for the current 2007/2008 NBA season thus far?

Hope this helps you on your way from your high throne up there. Don't fall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah seriously, no text speak please, so irritating.

Anyway, as long as Kobe doesn't get it I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm pretty sure Kobe will get it as he is "due". My choice would be Chris Paul of the Hornets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

If the Hornets keep winning and stay at #1 seed Paul is virtually assured of the MVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i think you're looking at Kobe or LeBron

whereas KG and Chris Paul have had great seasons and their teams are doing fantastic, neither have had to carry the team.obviously KG has Ray Allen and Paul Pierce to fall back on whereas Chris Paul has David West and the 3-point machine that is Peja Stojakovic

id almost lean more towards LeBron though

^^LBJ 4 MVP!!

True it's a bit of a controversial award alright, I mean look at last year...Dirt No-twit-ski! I think they should consider having more transparent criteria so it's a bit more fair and reclaims the prestige I think it's lost. There was even talk last year of overhauling the entire process untill after the regular season due to Dirk and his Dallas dudes getting dumped out after Round 1 by the no.8's Golden State Warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Paul lifted the Hornets from a 38-44 record last year to the best record in the West this year. Kobe took a team that went 45-37 and improved it. both are impressive, but Paul's achievement stands out more in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

Seriously lads the amount of biase towards LBJ on here is crazy.. He's a class act alright but he's not the MVP.. Paul is putting up unreal stats, he should get it, he's the reason the Hornets are so good.. As for Kobe being "due", he probably is, he's been the most talented player in the NBA since Jordan and it'll be a long while before someone consistently outpreforms him.. LBJ still is not as good as him.. Don't think anyone can argue that.. I think he might get it but there has been other years where he's set records and deserved it more than this year but at that time the media was on the "lets hate Kobe train!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

B2k wrote: »
    Seriously lads the amount of biase towards LBJ on here is crazy.. He's a class act alright but he's not the MVP.. Paul is putting up unreal stats, he should get it, he's the reason the Hornets are so good.. As for Kobe being "due", he probably is, he's been the most talented player in the NBA since Jordan and it'll be a long while before someone consistently outpreforms him.. LBJ still is not as good as him.. Don't think anyone can argue that.. I think he might get it but there has been other years where he's set records and deserved it more than this year but at that time the media was on the "lets hate Kobe train!"

in all fairness the stats LBJ has put up this season and over the last few years are ridiculous.....

-youngest player to ever reach 10,000 points
    -current highest scorer in the Cavaliers history (and he's only 23)
    -about to become only the 3rd person in NBA history to average over 30 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds in a season

and all this comes from a man who has been playing the majority of his career with no decent support form backups.he single-handedly got the Cavs to the NBA finals last year.

so in my opinion the biased support for LBJ is in some ways justified

• Advertisement

http://www.nba.com/features/player_rankings.html

Stats on NBA.com for the front runners for MVP.

Was just watching Jazz-Lakers game 1 and they had an interview with Magic...word is KB is getting it. Oh well I suppose he was "due"...just never my sort of player. I find the timing a bit strange, in the middle of a series, hope it doesn't give him too much of a confidence boost, hope the pressure gets to him :p. You would think they'd have an exact date they release on every year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

It was "leaked" I think. TBH I reckon Kobe deserves it. He has matured a lot and Gasol, Odom and him are playing some lovely stuff.

Bah, the bellend got it. :mad:

Advertisement