Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash warning light

Options
  • 28-03-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Right so, im due to sit my test next thursday, ive been driving for nearly 1+1/2 years now but i decided to take some lessons just for reassurance, but when i started my test my instructor told me I couldnt do the test in my car as it has a dash warning light on.

The light is for ABS, which as it happens, the ABS is working perfectly, only the pads i have on the car are not VAG pads(it an AUDI) and so the car thinks there is a problem.

Is there anyway I can sit the test in this car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Just a thought...

Is there a fuse that will knock out that light temporarily that won't affect the handling of the car? ie take fuse out just before test and replace just after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Yeah, but when you take the fuse out the car starts making all sorts of wierd warning noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Happened me, airbag light showing.

No choice had to bring it to the garage and get it reset, €50 for 5mins work

Thats not gonna happen, im not shelling out for VAG pads, is the test defo unsittabe with this light on?

It doesnt even make sense, im sure they sit itests in cars without ABS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Yup you forfeit the test in any warning light shows

• Advertisement

Thats a load of me swiss, do it in my mams car so.

Advertisement