Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repair trouble

Options
  • 28-03-2008 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

The flash on my camera recently suddenly died, and since it was still within warranty I brought it back to the camera shop where I bought it. They said it would be fixed free of charge but that they'd have to return it to the manufacturer for the repair. Now, two weeks later, the camera shop phoned me and told me I'd actually have to pay €200 for repairs as the damage was caused from dropping it. I am sure I never dropped it; it's quite expensive and I take very good care of it. The flash just died overnight. Have I any options here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can take it to a third party repair company for a second opinion (if one exists), you can take them to the small claims court so they'd have to prove it was physical damage or you can get the camera back unrepaired

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

-annex- wrote: »
    The flash on my camera recently suddenly died, and since it was still within warranty I brought it back to the camera shop where I bought it. They said it would be fixed free of charge but that they'd have to return it to the manufacturer for the repair. Now, two weeks later, the camera shop phoned me and told me I'd actually have to pay €200 for repairs as the damage was caused from dropping it. I am sure I never dropped it; it's quite expensive and I take very good care of it. The flash just died overnight. Have I any options here?
    How old is the camera?

+1 what Sam Vimes said.

Advertisement