Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building pc

Options
  • 28-03-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi
    im building a pc and my friend got a laptop from dell.it came with a disc with vista os on it. it says only use this to reinstall os on dell computer. im wondering if i could install it on my pc im building as my os.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hi
    im building a pc and my friend got a laptop from dell.it came with a disc with vista os on it. it says only use this to reinstall os on dell computer. im wondering if i could install it on my pc im building as my os.

Not legally at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Yes.... but it's not a very nice thing to do to Microsoft. Like they're boss is "only" the 3rd richest man in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

You can install it and it will work fine...

You will need to use your friends serial on his laptop...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

a) Dell CD will only work on Dell machines
    b) You can't install OEM version of Windows on anything other than the machine it came with.
    c) Infractions awarded
    d) Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement