Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutter issues

Options
  • 28-03-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can clarify if my gutters are working correctly, have just had new gutters and downpipes installed. Due to missing corner parts, the contractor had to come back today and install as part of this he had to take down some of gutters and the water gushed out,it appears that water is building up in gutters, now it wasn't overflowing, but their was quite a bit of water, he told me that when their is sufficent build up of water it will flow to the downpipes, is this correct, is it normal to have a buildup of water in clean gutters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, not normal. You will have some water left sitting in the gutters but it certainly shouldn't have to build up to get to the downpipes. Unfortunately as they are so high up alot of people will just throw them up as they can't be easily checked, do you have access to a ladder so you could look into them after a downpour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can install gutters with a fall or on the flat.
    What you have sounds like there is parts that have no fall or are u shaped between downpipes, If you want to check use a hose, I would always tend to have at least some fall in the line, dead water builds up and becomes stagnant and harbours insect larvae, midges mosquitos etc.

Advertisement