Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to do ITIL v3 exams in Dublin

Options
  • 28-03-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

A colleague of mine is going to start self studying for the ITIL v3 Foundation exam using CBT Nuggets.

A few questions:
    1. Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can sit the exam without doing the course there?
    2. Is the exam computer based (ala Prometric) or a hand written exam?
    3. Does anyone have any opinions as to whether it is a certificate worth pursuing? My colleague already has a degree in IT and is MCSE2003 certified.

McGintyMcGoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

I was being lazy so here are the answers to one and two.

It is a computer based multiple choice exam. As the exam can be done through Prometric, I presume that New Horizons allow you to sit the exam in Dublin.

Question 3 still applies if anyone has an opinion?

McGintyMcGoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes, it is worth getting.

I was going to give you the speal on why its so good but ill just post the Wiki

Sorry thats a terrible answer, I'll post more later, its great to have though, the exam itself is easy enough but the course ware teachs you the processes behind alot of modern/successfull management practices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 careeradvise

I was looking to book the ITIL v3 exam but couldnt find it on prometric. Can you point me in the right direction where i could book the exam.
    Yes, it is worth getting.

I was going to give you the speal on why its so good but ill just post the Wiki

Sorry thats a terrible answer, I'll post more later, its great to have though, the exam itself is easy enough but the course ware teachs you the processes behind alot of modern/successfull management practices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 careeradvise

Also, sorry for another question but where can i book the Prince2 Foundation exam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

In relation to Prince2 certification have a look at this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I was looking to book the ITIL v3 exam but couldnt find it on prometric. Can you point me in the right direction where i could book the exam.

To book an ITIL exam go to the Prometric site

The link above is for the ISEB which is the body that covers the ITIL v3 exams.

From there, just follow the links to Schedule an Exam and off you go..

Exams cost 146€

• Registered Users Posts: 12 togherprince

Best to do online course (usually cheaper than the exam fee) then go to testing centres. I used ITpreneurs for the course (incudes mock exams). Here are the centres for Ireland:
    Test Sites

FAS TRAINING CENTRE
    ATHLONE
    Phone: 90 6424211 Site Code: IRU GARRYCASTLE
    CO. WESTMEATH

FAS TRAINING CENTRE
    CORK
    Phone: 353 21 485 6256 Site Code: IR8 ROSSA AVENUE
    BISHOPSTOWN

PFH Technology Group Ltd
    Cork
    Phone: 353 212303010 Site Code: ir23 Eastgate Avenue