Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay at home Mother

Options
  • 28-03-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    my wife is a stay at home mum but would like to open her own business - has anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

What are her interests/skills/attributes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i know this is a bit stereotypical but the likes of kleeneez, avon, tupperware etc (or the current equivalents)?

on a more educated note: something like a virtual office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Culchie wrote: »
    What are her interests/skills/attributes?

That is good advice. Its the first thing I would always say to someone interested in forming a business idea. Do what you know best.

Ask her to think if she ever was doing something, or looking to buy something, and thought "Why doesnt anyone offer this", or if she was ever wanted to buy a particular good/service, and found it difficult to source. Who knows, maybe there are others in need of the same good/service.

Try looking at coolbusinessideas.com as a source of inspiration.

Advertisement