Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My grandfather

Options
  • 28-03-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Can anybody help me, my grandfather was born in 1878 in Queens county some where in Ireland, I have no idea where this is now, or where it was back in that time, I have a feeling the name has been changed over time any help is appreciated.
    Jackeene

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

Queens County is now known as Laois !! try google(thats where i found it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that would be Laois now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Queens County is now Co. Laois.

Sorry, I don't have any advice but maybe try to find a heritage center in Co. Laois.
    You could even try to find the parish he was baptised in

edit: beaten to it twice
    Also, a poster call Jackeene (Jackeen) and use an old Anglo-Irish term?Troll??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Did you look him up in the phone book , doubt he's still around to be honest. Might have moved county since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

KTRIC wrote: »
    Did you look him up in the phone book , doubt he's still around to be honest. Might have moved county since then.

erm...he would be 130 or so if he was still around:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

RuggieBear wrote: »
    erm...he would be 130 or so if he was still around:)

Probably, might not hear the phone if she rang !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jackeene

KTRIC wrote: »

If U took your funny pill to day its not working.

micmclo wrote: »
    Queens County is now Co. Laois.

Sorry, I don't have any advice but maybe try to find a heritage center in Co. Laois.
    You could even try to find the parish he was baptised in

edit: beaten to it twice
    Also, a poster call Jackeene (Jackeen) and use an old Anglo-Irish term?Troll??

thank you for your help

Thanks fot the info.

Thank you all for the quick reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

www.genealogylaois.com/

Try this link, it might get you somewhere, but most places charge !!!! Good Luck !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go to Rootschat.com - find the Ireland section and then the Laois/Queen's county section.
    Post your query there.
    There are a lot of crooks in the genealogy world waiting to take your money but most of the Rootschatters help for free.

Thank you for this info

Advertisement